Backup Assistant - Pin Invalid
PaperClip

I am trying to access my Backup Assistant and when I enter the pin, it tells me invalid pin.  When I hit the button to send to the phone, it is the same number that I was entering.  Is there a glitch somewhere?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant - Pin Invalid
xnikank12155

I was having the same problem a few weeks back. Is it giving you the option of creating a new pin? That's what I did, and although it was a new pin, all my contacts where fine.

0 Likes
PaperClip

There is no option that lets me select a new pin...just one that will send me my current pin.

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

PaperClip wrote:

I am trying to access my Backup Assistant and when I enter the pin, it tells me invalid pin.  When I hit the button to send to the phone, it is the same number that I was entering.  Is there a glitch somewhere?

Hi.  I understand you are having issues with your Backup Assistant Pin and I will certainly help you from here.   Is your phone still working that have your contacts on it?

If so, delete the backup assistant application and reinstall it completely.   Once you reinstall, it will ask you to put in the same pin number.

Please let me know if that works for you :smileywink:

Thanks! 

0 Likes
holls26

I am having the same problem as Paperclip & I uninstalled it completely and re-downloaded it. Still having the same issue. I am entering in the correct pin, but it says it's invalid even when I try to change it. Help!

0 Likes
dee3

I have the same problem. I have deleted it and reinstalled it on several occasions with the same result. I can't even change my pin but my old pin is invalid

0 Likes
BOBDULAC

I have done ALL of  what you say and with a Verizon assistant on a land line!  Complete hard reset, reinstall and although my contacts are on line, I cannot back up my phone using BA because it keeps telling me my pin is invalid!!  I check my pin both on the phone AND on line and it verifies it's good but when I put it in, it keeps coming up invalid!

What gives?

0 Likes
MGotcha

I am having the same issue.  I backed up my old phone (LGVX8560) with BA and then activated my new phone (LG-VN270) and when I installed BA and attempted to run it, received an invalid PIN message. I can still get into the BA data on line and confirm the PIN is as expenced. I can change the PIN from the new phone and it when I go to the Web, the PIN has indeed changed but I still get the invalid PIN message when I attempt a backup on the phone using the new PIN.  

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Try this MGotcha, and others with the invalid PIN - (it worked for me when transferring contacts via Backup Assistant to my BB Bold from a Voyager).

I installed BA on the Bold, and got the invalid PIN. I deleted BA from the Bold, then reinstalled it, and when it asked for the PIN, I said set a new PIN (I believe it was by hitting # twice or something....). I then set it to the same PIN that was already on the account, and it accepted it and BA worked.

Not sure if this will work for you, but it did for me. Again, go in as if you are setting a NEW PIN, but use the same one that is already on the account.
0 Likes
colooch

This just happened to me too and so I just clicked to get new pin and put the old one in and it worked fine.

0 Likes