Backup Assistant Not Working
kennychua

Hi all,

I hope someone on here can help.  No one at Verizon tech support seem to know anything about the backup assistant.

I once backed up all my pertinent contacts to Backup Assistant and it worked.  So every contact I have right now I can see at the My Verizon webpage.

Long story short, I had to use blackberry desktop manager to clear out all my contacts on the blackberry because I synced it to the wrong address book on the computer and it messed it up.

But now, it should be as easy with back up assistant as to just go to the my verizon webpage and just push the sync to phone button.

It says that the phone is synced, but none of my contacts appear on my black berry??  Am I missing something here?

Help

Kenny

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Not Working
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Is Backup Assistant installed on your Blackberry? Try accessing it through the phone rather than through the website - go to the BU app on the phone, and restore contacts from the website.

If you don't have BU installed on the phone, then install it, and it should detect that it is a "new" device and will; ask if you want to restore contacts. If the contacts on the website are the correct ones, then proceed and you should be good to go.
0 Likes
kennychua

Yes, I have backup Assistant on my Blackberry.  I've done what you suggested, but there is no restore option on the program.

I have also removed BU, and then added it back on and then it asked me for a restore, but nothing.

I was just wondering if backup assistant was down last night when i tried.

Kenny

0 Likes
k300

I just installed BA on my storm 2 and it says it backed up 166 entries, but when I go to the website it doesn't show any contacts.  I've synced to phone several times but nothing has changed?

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

kennychua I'm curious as to whether or not you have been able to get your contacts back onto your Blackberry. 

Although you posted a few days ago, I don't see where we had any alerts for BackUp Assistant being down.

Once you deleted the BackUp Asst. application and reinstalled it on the Blackberry, did it give any errors?

0 Likes
kennychua

Honestly, I have given up on Backup Assistant.  The more I play with it the more FRUSTATED I get.

1.  The backup assistant seems to only go one way.  I make a change on the website, it doesn't go to the phone.  On the website, I click on sync, it erases stuff that I have on the webpage.

2.  I am not sure if it's because I have a Blackberry Bold 9350, but it just seems incompatible with backup assistant.

3.  No where on the back up assistant on the phone do I see a restore from website option.

4.  For some reason, all the records are on the website are correct, but when I look at them on the phone, the entry is there, but not the phone number.  It just gives the entry but no phone or any other e-mail information.

5.  It could be because I'm using an apple computer?

6.  It also could be that the Blackberry Desktop manager for the mac doesn't like the backup assistant.

There are too many variables involved and I do not have the time to figure out what does what.  I have to spend the entire week now reenterring all my phone numbers into the phone.

Kenny

[minor spelling error]

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3
I have never had any luck with restoring contacts with BUA. I had to log in to BUA on my laptop, export them in gmail format, import them into Gmail & sync with my 9650. That's the only way I could get the back on my BB. :smileysad:
0 Likes
kennychua

Thank you.  God, I thought I was the only one going crazy!!!

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3
You are not alone...many of us whom have tried BUA have gone crazy...
0 Likes