BOGO question
jen2004
Enthusiast - Level 3

So with the BOGO (buy one get one free) for blackberrys, do the lines need to be out of contract, or just able to upgrade?  I did a chat with a vz rep.  I said the primary line is eligible to upgrade with 12 months, and then the secondary line has been eligible, and even out of contract since 2006.  She said that the lines need to be out of contract, meaning that you would have to wait the full 24 months before you could take advantage of this.  What is right?

Also she said that I would pay the full discount price for the "free" phone upfront at the store.  Yet I have heard of only paying $100 or nothing at all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BOGO question
Jeff_in_TN
Enthusiast - Level 3

jen2004 wrote:

So with the BOGO (buy one get one free) for blackberrys, do the lines need to be out of contract, or just able to upgrade?  I did a chat with a vz rep.  I said the primary line is eligible to upgrade with 12 months, and then the secondary line has been eligible, and even out of contract since 2006.  She said that the lines need to be out of contract, meaning that you would have to wait the full 24 months before you could take advantage of this.  What is right?

Also she said that I would pay the full discount price for the "free" phone upfront at the store.  Yet I have heard of only paying $100 or nothing at all.

The lines on your account would become eligible for upgrade(and the new every two credit, if your main line is on a $35? or more rate plan)  in the 20th month of a 2 yr contract.  Normally you would pay the full price for the 1st phone and the discounted price on the 2nd BOGO phone.  You would then get the rebates in the form of debit/gift cards by mail.  This is how I've understood it anyway, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  Good luck with your new Storm's Jen!!

0 Likes
Re: BOGO question
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

You need to have to lines eligible for upgrade. Since your second line is out of contract you're good there. Your primary line is eligible for annual upgrade so you're good there too. So you'll end up paying $179.99 for the first one after a $100 Mail-in Rebate. The second one you actually get free right off the bat. With the BOGO if your second device is another Blackberry (as opposed to a netbook or USB card) you get an instant rebate. This is true through Customer Service, it should also be the same when ordering online.

0 Likes