BLACKBERRY NEEDS HELP!!!
MandaPonyi

Ok.... here is the story.... I got my Blackberry Curve  8350 last year and I havent had any problems till August 27 this year!! I dropped my phone in the toilet.. GO FIGURE and I was still under warranty and they sent me a replacement! 

Ever since then I have had the worst problem with the 4 Curves they have sent me!! I am so tired of blackberry products! I have called Verizon 8 times now and they say well they are having problems with this and then that! This past weekend I lost all my contacts off my phone because my backup assistance didnt work. Come to find out.. wait for it, its BLACKBERRY!!! I have done all the troubleshooting and everything else! I am tired of all this stupid crap happening with this stupid phone!! It's ridiculous! I own a business too and I need my phone for work and I cant even depend on it to receive calls! HORRIBLE!!! I am telling my family to never get this phone!!! NEVER! Has anyone else ever had this many troubles with their blackberry?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BLACKBERRY NEEDS HELP!!!
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I'm sorry to hear this, especially that the one that worked so well got dropped in the toilet.  :smileysurprised:

I used a Curve for two years (the orginal though, not the 2) and never had these problems ... never missed a call or lost info. In regard to your mention of backup assistance, are you using BlackBerry Desktop Manager to back  up your data to your home computer? I've never had this fail.

Are you running the stock operating system on these devices? Maybe StreetDocRN will chime in here ... he has a lot of experience with OS upgrades and which ones work best.

Or, if you don't want to deal anymore and you're still under warranty, maybe a Verizon store will let you exchange for a different model. This isn't policy, but sometimes they'll accommodate.

0 Likes
Hvfox

The 8530 is not really a phone meant for business applications, its just a cheap blackberry. Basically a throw away phone. It was built with spare parts and is BlackBerry's failed answer to the cheap smartphone market. Go with a 9650 or a Bold, it will work much better. You'll just keep fighting the 8530, and trust me its a fight that cant be won.

0 Likes
cristene2010

YES!!! I too have the BB curve(pink) it is by far the WORST phone ever! I've had three replacement and all of which still are defective ! Just yesterday ago I experienced something I haven't before. My fine started shutting on and off, and when I would receive a text I would have to continuously press the ball to open it and to reply; when I got to this point I would type into the fine and "Id" would go across the screen. ANd when a phone call comes through I can't not answer it or do anything.

I went to Verizon not even two hours ago and they where of course of no help, and said in two-three days a replacement will be sent. Because no BB curves where in stock!. I live away from home and am in school and need my phone to communicate to family work and my school. 

Has anyone ever had this issue as well?

0 Likes
filanto

definately use the desktop manager.  Easy if you charge the phone with the USB on the computer.  Another backup program that I have used for about a year without fail is MR Number, it works great and it has an automatic caller id look up feature.  this feature works great because after a call comes in and ends it will search the number and if it finds it the number can be automaticly added to the address book.  After call on Verizon because we can not do data and calls the same time.  4G should fix that I hope.

0 Likes
blondie11

My violet 8530 wasn't even 6 months old when it quit on Friday....I went to the store and was told it was a software/hardware issue and they would send me a new phone with all the upgrades.  I received it today and first of all, it's not new, but 'refurbished' and it hardly has any software at all!  The internet doesn't work so I can't do any type of update, plus I can't set up my email accounts!  So much for a 'smart phone' at this point all I have is a phone!  Seriously disappointed with Verizon and BB at this point!  I will be returning to the store tomorrow....hopefully they will make this right!

0 Likes