BBM profile pics not displaying
ricanluve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I recently rec'vd a replacement phone and when going into BBM, I can't see my profile pic,nor my contaccts pics.  I can't see my status message, nor can I change my pic.

Any ideas? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BBM profile pics not displaying
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

If you backed up your old settings from your prior device with Blackberry Desktop Software, then you can restore BBM and its settings using the backup file.  If you did not, you might be able to restore BBM from a backup from within the app itself.  The user has the ability to backup BBM either to an email address or to the device's SD card.  Open BBM and press the Menu key and select Options.  Scroll down to Backup Management and select Restore.  You should be able to get old contacts and their pics as well as any groups.  As far as your status and profile pic for yourself, it sounds like the program may not have installed correctly.  You might want to delete the app, reboot, and then restore the app.  Then you can restore your settings from the above descriptions.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
Re: BBM profile pics not displaying
ricanluve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Doc,

I did restore my backup from the old phone to the new phone.

Whn I opened BBM and clicked on Options, I don't have the option to click on Backup Management > Restore.

I will backup the device and then delete the app....crossing my fingers 😃

0 Likes