Re: BB10 OS Update 10.0.10.85 - When will it be released
dgmock
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone have an update on when VZW will finally release OS 10.1? It looks like AT&T has begun pushing it out to their subscribers, which makes VZW the last major carrier holdout on the 10.1 update. If you're listening, VZW, please at least let us know when we will get the update!  THANKS!

0 Likes
caffiore

BB produced such a wonderful device and it's really shameful that VZN won't release available OS upgrades so customers can enjoy the full device potential. US customers are begging (check out crackberry.com) for VZN to release even 10.1 while others already have 10.2. Does VZN want BB to succeed or are they really pushing more profitable iPhones and Droids?

0 Likes
Hirotsune
Enthusiast - Level 3

From PhoneDog.com

"Heads up, BlackBerry Z10 owners on Verizon, because it looks like you've got a major update headed your way. Verizon recently posted official support documents for its Z10's update to BlackBerry 10.1, which will bring the device to OS 10.1.0.2050 (software version 10.1.0.2014). As expected, the BlackBerry 10.1 update is a beefy one, packing in goodies like HDR capabilities in the Camera app and improved attachment support for the BlackBerry Hub. The full (and lengthy) changelog for the update is available at the bottom of this post.

Verizon hasn't made any official announcements about this update, so it's not yet clear exactly when Z10 owners will begin seeing it on their handsets. In the past, we've seen updates begin rolling out within a few days of the appearance of their related support documents, so it's possible that Verizon's Z10 could be bumped up in the very near future. Considering that this is a pretty huge update, you Z10 folk may want to keep an eye out for an update notification in the coming days."

Fingers crossed!

0 Likes
DEMON_COFFEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Funny how we are just now getting the update (which as I recall was PRELOADEDon the Q10) just as 10.2 is about to drop.  Of course I've yet to see it on my Z10 which is annoying since several major apps and app updates are geared to the 10.1 OS. I left another carrier to come to Verizon specifically for the Z10 and maybe a little better treatment of the Blackberry consumer. Guess it's back to to being the ugly step-child when it comes to carrier love.

0 Likes
ExiledCanadian
Enthusiast - Level 2

I won't believe it's coming until I actually see it. VZW and AT&T are the only remaining carriers IN THE ENTIRE WORLD to provide this update.

jdt0673

Unfortunately I purchased the Z 10... I specifically asked my Salesperson at Verizon, if it will Sync back and forth via USB and was told yes.  I even asked like the old way, and he said yes, but it was no longer called Desktop Sofware manager, it was now BB Link.  The first phone kept loosing my settings.  I had to keep entering email info etc.  I took it back, and got another one..That one had freeze up issues.  Now the 3rd one also does the same thing.  I don't use 3rd party apps nothing.

So there are two things for certainl  1.  Blackberry does not care about their loyal following.  All they want to do is sell phones, and I would be willing to bet that they knew they had issues with this phone.  and 2.  Verizon can care less about us.  If they did care, then I should be able to return my phone for another model not a blackberry, but they will not allow that.  Its their piece of C____ that is causing the issues but they won't let me trade for another phone..

0 Likes
Rumley80
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon doesn't know when they will release the new firmware.  I talked to a Verizon customer service rep and she said there is nothing scheduled for an update release.  She also said that it was up to Blackberry to do the release.  When I politely told her that it was up to Verizon she again said no, it was Blackberry that was holding it up.  I asked for a customer service number for Blackberry and amazingly she gave me one.  I then called Blackberry directly and spoke to a rep who said that Blackberry had indeed given Verizon the firmware and it was all on Verizon to push it out.  Sounds like Verizon isn't too keen on supporting our Z10s.

0 Likes
Rumley80
Enthusiast - Level 3

My understanding is that the latest firmware will solve a lot of those problems.  Ask Verizon why the holdup on releasing it.

0 Likes
jdt0673

This is incredible..A lot my associates are leaving Verizon.  Yes they are huge, but their customer service is evasive and they tell you what they want you to know…joe

<< Signature removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
dgmock
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree it totally sounds like VZW is not supporting the new BlackBerry products. If this continues much longer, it seems like VZW subscribers with BlackBerry OS 10 smartphones will have a legitimate basis for seeking recourse from VZW (e.g., a class action lawsuit) for not supporting the products they have sold us, while at the same time denying us the opportunity to switch to another carrier that will. VZW's disinterest in its BlackBerry subscriber base (as evidenced (1) by VZW representatives' unawareness of the BlackBerry OS 10.1 upgrade status, and (2) by their silence on this forum) adds to the validity of a consumer claim against them.  I suggest everyone with similar stories of VZW's non-support of BlackBerry 10 products log them on this forum in case further action on behalf of BlackBerry 10 users becomes necessary.