Re: BB10 OS Update 10.0.10.85 - When will it be released
gdlpet
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a must!!!!  urgently needed to keep up with the market .... CMON VERIZON

Lotts
Enthusiast - Level 1

wish I would have read the fine print on the ridiculous drag on software updates before becoming a verizon user. Why would Verizon choose to lag this much on a product? Is that great customer service? Give people credit for being sophisticated enough to know the risk of updates and that they need to back up their device data. Put more effort in allowing users to "easily" back out updates and choose a version to install in case the latest updates (I assume you fear will cause you a swell of customer interactions) cause an issue.

I'm a brand new customer and I'm already sick of the delay...In this day and time there is no reason to restrict consumers from having the best operating equipment as much as we pay for this stuff and you...

(I have to check, but I haven't seen any official Verizon rep chime in on these boards that we have to sign into...So what's the point if the consumer is being ignored to post in here? I'll check other post to see if anyone is checking)

In the end we will unlock our phones and just go get what we needed...

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Lotts, this is a peer to peer community forum and not a direct link to customer support.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

It should still be at least monitored for customer concerns if VZW is truly concerned with customer satisfaction.

bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

Visit [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] dot com, you'll see that many are frustrated with VZW's slow release of OS updates, and have decided to perform installation of the leaked OS's, of course, at their own risk. Instructions for performing the installs are provided there as well.

0 Likes
Hirotsune
Enthusiast - Level 3

10.2 is in the works but VZW customers still waiting on 10.1? Lots of apps that won't run on 10.0. Will VZW at least release a statement explaining the long wait for an update?

0 Likes
ExiledCanadian
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's deliberate. Verizon has other partnerships with Samsung and Microsoft that do not involve phones. It is also trying to prop up the Windows-based Nokia phones as much as they can. As a result, they are dragging their feet on BB10. I can see absolutely no other reasons for them to have such a long delay in upgrading the OS to 10.1 when all other non-US carriers around the world have done so and scores of Verizon BB10 users are running leaked versions of 10.1 without issues. They are so far behind that the leaks are now 10.2 versions, not 10.1

leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

Spoke to Verizon this morning who said that we have to get the update from BlackBerry.  Called BlackBerry aftewards who told me that have released the updates to all of the service providers so we have to get it from Verizon.  At this point we are about two updates behind  as 10.1 has been pushed.  Bottom line is someone is not telling the truth.  This is more than frustrating.

DEMON_COFFEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having just come on to Verizon from a competitor solely because my former carrier turned a deaf ear to the wants of its blackberry community, I find the OS game to a touch annoying.  Even moreso when you consider that the Q10 shipped with 10.1 preinstalled.  Had intended on downloading the CNN app but since I dont have 10.0 I cannot, and I wont go into not  having SKYPE wheras the Q10 does Someone is asleep at the wheel and needs a serious wakeup

BrianZ10

After having to receive a replacement Z10 for cycling power on and off, tonight I was on the phone with a rep. I asked about the update and it is something new in the pipeline but they weren't able to provide a timeline. So it has been released from BBY to Verizon. Verizon is holding it for whatever reason, quite possibly to make sure it fixes the problems that are currently known. Still doesn't excuse the fact that we cannot download certain Apps because of the current software, but I am at least now hopeful it will be relatively soon.

0 Likes