BB10 OS Update 10.0.10.85 - When will it be released
photometric
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone heard as to when the current version of the software will be pushed?   Some of the apps are requiring the update, and I would like to know when Verizon will get around to pushing it.   Previously, you could just go to the blackberry site and download the OS, but that's not an option any longer.

TIA

Labels (1)
Re: BB10 OS Update 10.0.10.85 - When will it be released
RickinSD
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd like this answer too.  Beyond the app issue, this upgrade is supposed to help with the battery life significantly and the "automatic" phantom reboot issue which has just begun to happen on my phone.

Verizon needs to get this software upgrade pushed out.

TheClays0809
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too would like to push for an answer on this.  Is it BlackBerry holding back the update or is it Verizon?  If its Verizon, you need to get your noses out of your pants and push the update already!  BlackBerry already goes through a QA (Quality Assurance) process before the update is made available, there is NO REASON Verizon needs to be doing another QA!  If a manufacturer sends you an updated OS, turn around and pass it to the customers, end of story!  If its BlackBerry having issues, then thats a whole other story.

photometric
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the update has already been pushed out on Rogers/Bell/AT&T and other carriers, it had to be Verizon holding it up.   There is a report of the .82 release causing hanging....but not sure if that was corrected in .85.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-OS-Update-10-0-10-82-Hanging/m-p/2243517#M...

Not applicable

TheClays0809 wrote:

I too would like to push for an answer on this.  Is it BlackBerry holding back the update or is it Verizon?  If its Verizon, you need to get your noses out of your pants and push the update already!  BlackBerry already goes through a QA (Quality Assurance) process before the update is made available, there is NO REASON Verizon needs to be doing another QA!  If a manufacturer sends you an updated OS, turn around and pass it to the customers, end of story!  If its BlackBerry having issues, then thats a whole other story.

Ha ha welcome to Verizon Wireless.....

This is the slowest cell provider when it comes to pushing out updates. They take forever. You know they have to add their bloatware and useless apps don't you?

This phone should have been released with the up-to-date OS on day of sale. They had it long enough waiting for the release day, vis-a-vie pre-release sale.

I see loads of complaints about slow updates so its not just the Blackberry device.

0 Likes
photometric
Enthusiast - Level 2

All phones are sent out with the current OS at the date of manufacture.   Because Blackberry chooses to update their OS actively is why the device has an older version of the OS, but this was always a practice.  The disconnect here is that previously it could be updated by downloading the OS from Blackberry's website, but no longer an option.

I am (virtually) button mashing every day to see if the update has been released for the reasons stated above...hoping it comes soon, and yes, Verizon has always been methodical in their releases, which adds alot of slowness.  I would recommend anyone reading this board to add a comment to show the amount of people with the device who are asking for the update. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

photometric wrote:

All phones are sent out with the current OS at the date of manufacture.   Because Blackberry chooses to update their OS actively is why the device has an older version of the OS, but this was always a practice.  The disconnect here is that previously it could be updated by downloading the OS from Blackberry's website, but no longer an option.

As I previously said to another poster on a different thread. When i gave him the Blackberry link page for downloads and updates he also told me that Verizon won't allow it to be done that way, and that it is only by OTA.

I am (virtually) button mashing every day to see if the update has been released for the reasons stated above...hoping it comes soon, and yes, Verizon has always been methodical in their releases, which adds alot of slowness.  I would recommend anyone reading this board to add a comment to show the amount of people with the device who are asking for the update. 

I have advocated that all cell phones should have the ability to get their updates from the manufacturers instead of getting long delays and crap ware placed on your devices. What ever brand they may be.

0 Likes
travaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

With the old BBOS (7.1 or less) you could simply grab an os update from another carrier and remove the Vendor file.  This is not possible for BB10.  It is very irritating to have to wait for some unknown reason for an update that fixes several bugs on the new os.  Don't get me wrong the phone is sweet but like any new software there are fixes and patches.  If there is a reason than tell us and give us an expected date of release.  The really bad thing about Verizon is the lack of communication on things like this.  No information = don't really care about your customer in our eyes. I tweeted to Customer support about the update and really all I got was a [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] reply.  Not cool.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

I am glad this post was started because I was giong to begin one.  I have dowmloaded an APP that requires 10.0.10 to function..... I do not know why the delay because it has been pushed by other carriers.    I think you can get it off of the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] site if you are really interested.

I would rather the push come from Verizon....Please folks make this happen soon!!!!

DanD2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am now available for an upgrade and I really want the Z10 but will not get it until they release a new software version.

CMON VERIZON.....put in a little Love for us BB diehards!!!