BB Storm/ Laptop & Accessing the Web
specialk
Is it possible to access the internet  on my laptop through my BB Storm via the usb cable connection ?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB Storm/ Laptop & Accessing the Web
AzCellUser
This is a pay for usage service from VZW.  The current Storm does not offer a Wi-Fi feature.  I believe it runs $39.95 through VZW for this usage monthly.  You can learn more by going to the VZW website and looking up VZWAccessManager.
0 Likes
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1
Yes you can. After much troubleshooting, I have gotten this to work. However, the correct features must be enable on the account, and as the other poster mentioned there is an additional cost.

Google "DUN or dial up networking blackberry storm" and you will find a wealth of how-to articles.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

To clarify the cost of tethering your BB to your laptop it would help to know what current data plan you have. If you are paying only $29.99 for Unlimited Email&Web then the feature is $30. If you're paying $44.99 for BlackberryEnterprise then it's $15.  If you have a bundle plan that is a Nationwide Email plan then it's also $15. 

All of these pricing options have a 5GB limit for usage from the laptop.

0 Likes
specialk

ok, I don't think I am understanding this. Are you saying I can add internet access through my blackberry to my laptap by tethering it with the usb cable? I have the 29.99 plan right now on my blackberry. I want whatever is the best option for me that would include being able to access the internet on my laptop. How do I go about getting this. It was never offered to me at Verizon . What do I ask for?

By the way I really appreciate your response!

0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1
For pricing, see the post right above yours. You can either go to your local Verizon Wireless Store and have them add it or call customer service and have them add it on. The service has gone by a variety of different names but it you ask for "tethering" they'll know what you're talking about.
0 Likes