BB Storm 9530-want to use as prepaid for phone and text only
momof3boyz

A friend gave me her old BB storm 9530 - all I want to do is use it for phone and text, don't need the data plan and internet and all the bells and whistles...was told by Verizon that I had to have a data plan. I am a former Alltel pay by the minute customer currently on Verizon - ran over my razr and got this one and want the same plan.  Can anyone help me?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: BB Storm 9530-want to use as prepaid for phone and text only
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You must have the data plan with the Blackberry, or any 3G Smartphone.  You will also have to get a regular plan.  The Blackberry can not be used on a prepaid plan.  Sorry.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: BB Storm 9530-want to use as prepaid for phone and text only
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I gave you a little information that was not quite correct.  Verizon does offer a few of the Blackberry devices as a pre paid plan.  The models are the 9330, Storm 2, and the Bold 9650 without the camera.  You are required to select a pre paid plan with either just talk or talk and text.  Also, you will be required to select the Blackberry data plan for $30 dollars.  So, to answer your question, you would not be able to use the 9530 on a pre paid plan.  If you want to check out their offerings for prepaid, go to Verizon's page at http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/prepay.jsp for more information.  Again, sorry for not giving you correct information earlier.

Doc

0 Likes