BB Pearl Flip---Camera problem
ricanluve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Went to take a picture and the camera doesn't seem to be working....I tried the smart key (on the side) and also the camera icon.  It doesn't display the image that you want to take the picture of. 

Suggestions?  Thoughts?

Much appreciated 😃

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB Pearl Flip---Camera problem
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hi,

Have you tried a battery pull?

Doc
0 Likes
ricanluve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

yes, I did pull the battery.

thnx

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Is anything covering up the lens, like smudges, debris, dust inside, your finger (ha ha)?

0 Likes
ricanluve
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL, no, nothing is covering the lens.  I checked, and double checked.  It's as if, the lens just stopped working....so frustrating....

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hi,

Usually, when a device stops functioning as intended, it sometimes occurs after an application has been installed. If that is the case, remove the suspect app, pull the battery and reboot. If that is not the case, then try reloading the device operating system. In the case that does not work, general hardware failure must be considered. Hope that helps.

Doc
0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello ricanluve,

I've seen this issue many times in the past. You may have to reinstall the OS on the phone. This can be done using the blackberry desktop manager. The process takes about 20-30 minutes to complete. I recommend using blackberry desktop manager v5.0. I find this version easier to use. 

Simply go to Application Loader > Update software > Select the software version & complete the wizard.

Good luck...

0 Likes