BB App world problems
JP84

I am trying to download an app on my Tour 9630.  I have successfully set up a BB ID.  When I try to download an app or update an existing app I receive an error message telling me that the BB App world is having problems connecting to the BB App World server.  It also tells me to verify my network connections and try again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  This issue has just started in the past month or so.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB App world problems
ntrnalyflawless

had the same issue yesterday...might be a connection problem with the server. I turned my phone off and took the battery out for a few seconds. And for giggles I took the sim card and media card out but don't think it was needed. That helped and was able to connect.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
JP84

Thanks for the response but I have tried that many times with no luck.....  Not quite sure what else to do at this point.

0 Likes
JP84

So I now have a new problem.  I am able to log in (Yeah!!) but when I try to download a new app I receive an error message telling me that the application is not available for download form BB app world.  Any suggestions for this issue?

I must say I am getting quite irritated with my inability to download apps from BB app world.  Aside from having work emails available to me the apps were the other thing that I was looking forward to on this phone and yet I cannot do anything with them,  Very disappointing. 

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Sorry you are having problems with Blackberry App World.  There are a couple of things you can do to try and resolve the connection issue.  You can delete the App World application from your device, pull the battery, and reboot.  Then, reinstall Blackberry App World and see if it works.  Make sure when you install, if asked about trusted apps, that you click Yes to trust app world, otherwise, the application permissions will change and your device might block connections to App World. 

Another way to try and resolve this is to go into the applications list and find Blackberry App World.  Click the Menu key and select to view the permissions.  Make sure that you expand the menu and mark to accept all connections associated with app world.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you Doc!  That is great information.  In addition to those steps.  You can try cleaning the cache, cookies, and history from your BlackBerry before you reinstall the BlackBerry App World.  Below I have provided you with the steps to do so.

* Select the "Browser"

* Select "Menu" 

* Select "Options"

* Select "Cache Operations"

* Select "Clear History"

* Clear "Content Cache"

* Clear "Pushed Content"

* Clear "Cookie Cache"

Once this is completed, follow the steps to reinstall BlackBerry App World.  If this does not help, please send me a Private Message and I will be a happy to assist you.

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

0 Likes