BB 8330..a FATAL error occurred while updating my BB.. need help please! :(
Lizett915

i was updating my BB 8330 when suddenly a msgs appeared :

A fatal error has occurred while updating your softwa re, please try again.

and my phone was completely off, even though it was fully chrarged, and the worse it that my phone doesn't want to turn on anymore, it only has a red blinking light. i already tried taking the battery out for a few mins, and nothing happens..please can someone help me?? is this a virus???  please i want my BB to way it was before....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB 8330..a FATAL error occurred while updating my BB.. need help please! :(
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You need to connect your device to your computer via the USB cable included with your device and attempt to restore your software using Blackberry Device Manager.  See this document from Blackberry for more info here.  There could be several reasons the upgrade failed, but you should be able to restore your device. 

Doc

0 Likes
Lizett915

thanks for your help but the laptop doesnt even detect my blackberry, and the desktop manager either. dont know whats happening, its not showing my blackberry pin in the desktop manager. its just not reading it. i've tried unsucessfully.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

It won't show your PIN number in the BDM due to the errors that occurred while loading the OS.  Connect the device anyway and go to restore and go through the process.  It will restore your device even though the PIN number doesn't show.

Doc

0 Likes