Are 25 MB a month enough for a Blackberry?
Edgar805Rguez
0 Likes
Re: Are 25 MB a month enough for a Blackberry?
jen2004
Enthusiast - Level 3

Honestly, that is very hard to say.  You'd be surprised how mb's add up.  I have been keeping track of my usuage and here they are: (We only use our phones for personal use, not business use: mostly email, google maps, google searching)

Blackberry 8330

May  275mb

June 432 mb

July 101 mb

Aug 61 mb

Sept 6 mb

Oct  6 mb

Palm Centro

May 73 mb

June 44 mb

July 31 mb

Aug 20 mb

Sept 12 mb

Oct 33 mb

0 Likes
Edgar805Rguez

wow that is a lot.

i really wont be using the internet a lot just here and there to check social networking sites and what not and probably not gonna email a lot either should i still consider getting a higher data plan?

0 Likes
lalalamesss
Contributor - Level 1

You can only get the $29.99 data plan with a blackberry, so internet is UNLIMITED, as is email. There'd be no need to waste ten dollars for a data plan where you can't even stream youtube.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Edgar805Rguez wrote:

wow that is a lot.

i really wont be using the internet a lot just here and there to check social networking sites and what not and probably not gonna email a lot either should i still consider getting a higher data plan?

Edgar,

With the Blackberry, you pay the $29.99 for unlimited data, email and web.  This is a required data plan for all Blackberry devices and most other PDA smartphones.  When you select a phone plan, the only 2 choices you have are for Basic or Select, select having unlimited SMS and MMS messaging.  You can not choose a Connect or Premium plan.  The reason is that due to the requirement of the Blackberry Internet Service for $29.99, there is no need for data packages on the Connect or Premium plans.  Those other data plans are for non-smartphones.  So, if you get a Blackberry, it doesn't matter if you only surf the web or check social sites or email just a little or a lot, the price is the same.

Doc

Ps:  The other data plan for the Blackberry for $44.99 is for Blackberry Enterprise Service, which gives all the service of the lower priced package but with capability to connect wirelessly to your Exchange server at work to get email, contacts, calendar information and so forth. 

0 Likes