App requesting permission
Magnettarose
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Blackberry Bold 9650 with OS 6. I go to BB app world for apps also. They request permission for personal & connectivity. It says 3rd party may charge on my phone. I do have the premium SMS blocked on my account. It seems all the apps are saying this now. How safe is this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Magnettarose

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: App requesting permission
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

They are a one time charge.  The software will be yours.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I personally purchase apps from Blackberry App World, and have not had any problems.  It is a very safe transaction that can be done either from a PayPal account or from a credit card.  The transactions are secure.  If, however, you have doubts, then by all means do not purchase any apps from the site. 

You might also want to check out VCast Apps from Verizon Wireless.  It features a lot of cool apps for your Blackberry device.  You can also charge items to a credit card securely or even charge it to your Verizon Wireless bill.  Check out VCast Media Store for more information at http://mediastore.verizonwireless.com/onlineContentStore/index.html#

Doc

0 Likes
Magnettarose
Enthusiast - Level 3

HI

The ones I have done are the free ones.  With the paid ones, are they a one time charge or a monthly charge?

Thanks

Mangettarose

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

They are a one time charge.  The software will be yours.

Doc

0 Likes
Magnettarose
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the information Doc really appreciate it!!  Talked to Verizon & they said that eventually they problably would as for credit card or checking info.

Magnettarose

0 Likes