I am in the market for th blackberry and want to know if there is an option to permanetly add a signature to all my outgoing text messgaes or is there an app I can get.
Welcome to the forums. To answer your question, yes, you can add a signature to your email and text messages on a Blackberry. To do so for texts:
1. Go to Options>Owner
2. In the Information section, fill out what you want to appear for your signature and save.
3. Start a new email or SMS text message. When you get to where you want to place your signature information, type sig and autotext will place your signature information.
To do so for email messages:
1. On your device, go to Email Settings.
2. Select the email account you want to change.
3. Select Edit.
4. Under General Options, scroll down to Signature.
5. Change the default "Sent from my..." to what ever you want. You can place your name and address in the field.
6. Save..you will be prompted for your password for your email account, so make sure you have it.
7. Everytime you send an email, the Signature field will be placed automatically at the end.
Hope that helps,
For sending SMS and MMS text messages, yes, you would have to just type sig and press the space bar and your custom signature will show up. For the email, it will be stamped to the end of the email when you send the email. A lot of folks have wondered how to set up a jpg of a logo for sending emails. I know that I use Outlook 2007 on my PC for email and I scanned a picture of my handwritten signature into a jpg file and set up Outlook to automatically include the jpg signature in my custom signature. This can not be done on a Blackberry, as far as I have found. I think it is because the Blackberry does not use an email browser, per se', like Outlook or other Windows Mobile based devices. Anyways, I hope this helps answer some of your questions.
I could get used to that. How do I get the bubbles in the text messaging
To get the bubbles in the text messaging, on your device, go to Options>SMS Text and the first setting under Screen Options set Conversation Style: Bubbles.
hi i just got the black berry bold..and i dont see where u hit options..then go to owner?? i too am new to blackberrys and would like to know how to add a signature to my textes..
thanks for any help
Press the Menu Key, which is the key to the left of the trackpad. Then scroll down until you find the Options which looks like a wrench. You should have it from there.