Re: All other search providers removed: required to use bing
bigmatty

Matt702 wrote:

bigmatty wrote:

Matt702 wrote:
[snip] The complaint is that you have been inconvenienced with that fact that you have to add your choices again. [snip]

Matt

No guy, the complaint is that you cant even re-add them.  If they had just changed the default, or even nuked the choices but allowed re-add, it would be different.

NO GUY!!!! Set your Home Page to what ever you want. Who cares what the default is. Its one extra click.

The fact remains that WE ALL signed up for this. Read the Agreement. "My Verizon". 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/globalText?textName=CUSTOMER_AGREEMENT&jspName=footer/customerAgr...

Hey, its not my fault you had your facts wrong and misunderstood the complaint before you posted your little troll flame.

Anyways - I am not saying VZW broke the law or anything, so you dont need to link the CA thank you.  What I, and many others here, ARE saying is - WE DONT LIKE THIS CHANGE.

Opinions are like you, everyone has one.  We are entitled to not like this change, and we are entitled to be vocal about it.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Can Verizon Wireless Change This Agreement or My Service?

We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time, but we'll send you written notice first. If you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change. But if a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no early termination fee.

This is from the Agreement you posted, and in plain English it states, YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED OF ANY CHANGES.

IF IT HAS ANY ADVERSE AFFECT ON YOU, YOU CAN CANCEL WITH NO TERMINATION FEE.

I would say Verizon Screwed up, and if you don't like it being changed, Drop the Line!

1) They Never notified any of us

2) Adverse affect, Yeah I would say so

3) they did this before years ago and should have learned their lesson then.

0 Likes
Hayley

Verizon is absolutely no help with Blackberry issues. Poor non technical person like myself has to firgure out how to fix all these problems on my own through community help like this. So frustrated, and I hate bing as well, not able to be removed searched everywhere for a way to take it off.

0 Likes
ajrizon

Don't cave in and use B I N G it's a spywear that tracks all your pages and it's illegal. Just don't us the internet on your phone unless an emergen c https://esupport.fcc.gov/sform2000/formA!input.action?form_page=2000A

I'm sure they will block me as soon as they read this. But here is a link for the FCC complaint

Also this is Illegal-Microsoft knows they get sued on a constant basis and pay the fines-I guess VZW will have to learn. I know a lawyer who is always hired to deal with Microsoft on class action Suits. This is what I filled out on my form

read and learn and do the same. i will contact my lawyer friend tonight he knows all the right people. Shame on you VZ I have been with u for so long and loved you until now if you don't change you are going to lose hundreds of thousands of costumers and you will also lose in a law sit if you try to get fees for people leaving you. Greed what ugly thing hu?

"Verizon has downloaded an application (BING)to my phone without getting my permission The only way for me to accesses my plan and features like internet is if I push an "agree" button to have this (BING) application in the background and then I can use what ever search engine I want. All this mess that BING will be a  tracking application that will be able to track what pages I visited. Verizon basically blocked my internet service unless I agree= basically blackmailing me into having spywear application which is breech of privacy and my contract with Verizon wireless possibly Blackberry itself. I believe there is cause here for a class action suit if verizon does not remove this illegal stipulation and funds it's clients for the time they were blocked from services they have already paid for."

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

As I posted above, Verizon is in breech of contract by doing this, They didn't notify us, They can't claim it as an add on because they removed and blocked our choices we had. So yup, If you want to leave they can't legally charge you a ETF. Because their OWN customer agreement states so. I also think any compatant Judge would look at what they have done, (Shady to say the least) and throw their case out.

0 Likes