Accessing DVR remotely with Blackberry Storm app
ddruker

I have installed the FIOS TV Remote app on my Blackberry Storm. I followed all of the activation steps, including entering my cell phone number onscreen and entering the 8-digit number provided by FIOS into my cell phone app. However, when I attempt to schedule a program for recording, I consistently get the error message: "Operation Failed! Try again later."

Is this because the service is not yet available in my area, or must I reinstall the app?

I live in Rockville, MD, just outside DC in Montgomery County.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Accessing DVR remotely with Blackberry Storm app
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

1st, soft reset your phone by either pulling the battery or doing a manual "Quick pull."

2nd, re-attempt your action.

If that does not solve your issue:

1st, uninstall the application

2nd, soft reset your phone by either pulling the battery or doing a manual "Quick pull."

3rd, verify the app has been deleted.

4th, reinstall the app.

5th, re-attempt you action.

Check back in and let us know how it goes.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Whats really neat is that development is already in the works for the new phones coming with wifi to control your tv,DVD,DirectTV..

0 Likes
champr

I followed the steps listed in the reply. Typical steps I use when having a problem with an application. But, you knew there had to be a but, when I tried to reinstall the Fios DVR application for Blackberry I get an error message about an invalid COD file. Any ideas?

0 Likes