ARRGH! Fed up! What do you think I can get at this point?
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Hello all....

Brief synopsis.

Just over a week ago my Storm 1 began giving me problems.   Basically died.   Started to do an insurance claim but went to the store first.  They said, we'll just do an insurance replacement overnight.

Ok, received the replacement the next day.    Activated it with no problems, went to charge it and it would not charge.  (This was the old battery from the first phone since one was not sent with the replacement.)   Plugged into USB on computer, went haywire.

Took it back to store where they took an hour to reload the software.

Took phone back home, did the exact same thing.  :smileymad:    I went back to the store, where they gave me a  new charger.

Went back home, then 2 days ago, the battery will not charge at all.   Went back to Verizon, ended up having to buy a new battery.

Charged it fully.  Clarification:  It was at 30% charge when I left the store.  Charged at work during the day up to about 75%.  

When I got home I put it on the home charger for at least 4 hours.  It never got above 85% full.

This morning down to 70%, after charging for 2 hours, still won't go over 70% charged.

What the heck!!!!    All I want is a phone that works!    What can I do at this point?  After replacing phone, charger AND battery!

Heck, I'd be happy to just get another phone.  Like maybe an 8530.   I wonder if that's possible or would I have to get another Storm 1?   What should I do at this point?   Opinions?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ARRGH! Fed up! What do you think I can get at this point?
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Nope, I'm familiar with all that stuff.  No programs at all.

Well, after speaking with CS, they are overnighting another storm. I demanded that it be sent with a new battery this time. They are also giving me 50 extra minutes per month for the next 6 months.

So, we'll see if my problem is solved tomorrow.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You said you charged it at work but when charging at home it wouldn't go above 85% - have you tried a different outlet?

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Yep, tried 2 different outlets at home.  Have tried 2 here at work this morning.  Even charged (tried to) in the car on the way to work this morning.    And it's still at 70%.   I'm starting to wonder if it may be the USB port on this replacement or maybe another bad battery?  Who knows.....

UPDATE:  Took off charger for 15 minutes.  Down from 70% to 55%.   What the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I could go get ANOTHER battery, but if there is something wrong with the phone, will it go bad again.   I just don't feel like playing switcheroo with chargers and batteries again.....

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Just curious, are there any programs running in the background that may be using your power?  By default, there should be Phone, Browser, Homescreen, Messages, and BB Messenger running in the background.  You can check by holding down the Menu key for a few seconds.  If you have a weather program running or an app like Pandora, that can use power.  Also, if your Storm is trying to lock into a signal (1XEV) and is hopping around trying to get one, it can draw a little more power than norman.  You could try dialing *228 and press Option 2 to update your PRL.  All of those things may help.  Let us know.

Doc

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Nope, I'm familiar with all that stuff.  No programs at all.

Well, after speaking with CS, they are overnighting another storm. I demanded that it be sent with a new battery this time. They are also giving me 50 extra minutes per month for the next 6 months.

So, we'll see if my problem is solved tomorrow.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Glad you got some positive response.  Give us a holler back in a couple of days and update us on your new phone.

Doc

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Phone has arrived and has been activated.  Charging it now.

Praying that it doesn't self destruct in a couple of days!   :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

If we see a nuclear mushroom cloud, we will know it was you going off on a phone that doesn't work..LOL

Doc

0 Likes