Regarding a Storm 9530. In the last few couple of days my battery started draining very fast. I figured ok, it's a year old, I'll get a new one. Went to the Verizon place and they agreed-probably a bad battery so I got a new one. On the way home I remembered that I had just upgraded VZ Naviigator to 5.0 or whatever the latest version is so I then thought about the GPS and sure enough I had that still turned on. I shut down the GPS and later in the evening I hear a beep. The new battery had gone dead in about an hour after charging it to full power. So, I figure it's Sunday evening and the store's closed so I got it to take a charge and hold long enough to do a back-up and wipe but now it won't even take a charge and hold it long enough to do a restore. Any advice other than going back to the Verizon store?
If the phone wont take a charge it either the battery or the phone port. My advise is for you to go back to the store as they will have that phone in the back. Take your charges with you.
1. Have them plug in there charger to elimitate the chargers.
2. Have them take your battery and charge it up a bit for you in one of there phones enough so that you can go home and backup your phone using the Blackberry manager. If you need to get a copy of this you can get it at www.vzam.net/blackberry just click on desktop software and follow the steps.
3. After you have backuped your phone (granted this is if your port is acutally working) Format your phone and then restore.
1. Charger is bad
2. Port is bad
3. Software was currupt (more likely)
4. Phone is bad over all and you will need replacment.
1. Underwarranty no charge call customer care at 1-800-922-0204 they will send you to tech for a replacment. The store will also call for you to do this must be ordered.
2. Out of warranty same as step one but out of warranty replacement would cost you 50 dollars.
3. You have insurance, you will need customer care for this one as this opens another can of worms.
I just had this happen to my S1 and I found I had closed Poynt but not really. I had use the u turn and not the BB Menu button. Leaving Poynt running withs its GPS locater active really sucked my bat. Also if this is not the case, maybe you have installed some new App. Some times new apps are not good for BB's as they do drain the bat. I had that going on with Slacker Radio and uninstalled it and only use Pandora now.
I use to have the storm and the more apps you put on it the phone battery is going to to do that and if you are using the app a lot then that I what is going to happen. Also if you are using two or more things at the same time its going to do that.