5.0 OS Upgrade
UsedToBeAlltel

I read at the Crackberry website that there will be a 5.0 OS upgrade available some time today for the blackberry curve 8330. Will former Alltel customers be eligible for that upgrade?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: 5.0 OS Upgrade
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

UsedToBeAlltel wrote:

I read at the Crackberry website that there will be a 5.0 OS upgrade available some time today for the blackberry curve 8330. Will former Alltel customers be eligible for that upgrade?

Hi,

To answer your question, no.  The upgrade for today to 5.0 is for the Storm.  No plans have been made for a 5.0 release for the 8330 curve by Verizon.

Doc

0 Likes
mln1523

where do i go to get the upgrade for the storm?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

mln1523 wrote:

where do i go to get the upgrade for the storm?

Go here for upgrading Verizon Blackberry devices.  The upgrade for the Storm is allegedly to be released tonight about 10PM eastern, but we will see.

Doc

Note that upgrading wirelessly by the option in the device will not work, according to the aritcle on Crackberry.  It will only appear via the web.

0 Likes
bulgee98

Actually, you probably will be able to update your Curve:

http://crackberry.com/official-list-blackberry-devices-get-os-5-0-update

0 Likes
AzCellUser

I have been wrong before; it is my understanding that the 5.0 update will be for most RIM devices.  At least this is what I have read on numerous sites providing the 5.0 OS update information.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

AzCellUser wrote:

I have been wrong before; it is my understanding that the 5.0 update will be for most RIM devices.  At least this is what I have read on numerous sites providing the 5.0 OS update information.

Hi,

Phones like the 8130 Pearl will not be able to as well as other low memory Blackberry devices as the Curve 8300, 8310,or 8320.  They have low memory; less than 92 mb which is what is required. 

Doc

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

The Curve will definately get the 5.0 treatrment and it is very snappy on the old workhorse. I have had it for a months and it works great on the 8330,9630 and 9530 ( These were older builds also).

0 Likes
Geocritter

Just to resurrect an older posting, it's now January...is there any new news about an official VZW OS 5.0 for the 8330?

0 Likes
GreenMonk

The official response from Blackberry is that OS 5.0 is available to carriers now. It's just a matter of the carriers rolling it out.

See http://crackberry.com/os-5-0-update-official-statement-research-motion-regarding-availability-os-5-0

The ball is in your court, Verizon. I want my OS 5.0!

0 Likes