30 day exchange policy with mail-in rebate
phyfusion

I renewed my contract online less than two weeks ago and purchased a BB Storm. I received a $100.00 and $49.99 instant discount which brought my out-of-pocket cost to $0.00. Upon reading the feedback about the BB Storm, I decided to exchange for the Droid. The exchange process can't be initiated and completed online and must be done through a Verizon customer rep. In order to exchange the BB Storm for the Droid I will have to:  pay $328.00 up front, return my BB Storm for the $49.99 credit, and pay a $35.00 restocking fee(understandable). I will not be credited an online discount of $100.00 originally received with the BB Storm, but instead a mail-in rebate for the same amount. WHY must a mail-in rebate be used instead of receiving the online rebate of $100.00 originally received when I renewed my contract with the BB Storm??? If Verizon allowed the online discount with the original purchase of the BB Storm, why can't that be  used for the exchange as well. The restocking fee covers the burden of exchanging phones before 30 days. Why be hit with a double whammy with the long awaited mail-in rebate???  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 30 day exchange policy with mail-in rebate
pureplayaz44

I went through the same thing.  The main reason they do the mail in rebate instead of the instant rebate at the store is because a lot of people will no complete the rebate or they will not complete it in time....or they do not complete it correctly and then it expires and now Verizon just made another $100.  Beleive me, its a huge profit they make on these mail in rebates.  People will forget about them and not want to deal with the hassle.

0 Likes
Re: 30 day exchange policy with mail-in rebate
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

phyfusion wrote:

I renewed my contract online less than two weeks ago and purchased a BB Storm. I received a $100.00 and $49.99 instant discount which brought my out-of-pocket cost to $0.00. Upon reading the feedback about the BB Storm, I decided to exchange for the Droid. The exchange process can't be initiated and completed online and must be done through a Verizon customer rep. In order to exchange the BB Storm for the Droid I will have to:  pay $328.00 up front, return my BB Storm for the $49.99 credit, and pay a $35.00 restocking fee(understandable). I will not be credited an online discount of $100.00 originally received with the BB Storm, but instead a mail-in rebate for the same amount. WHY must a mail-in rebate be used instead of receiving the online rebate of $100.00 originally received when I renewed my contract with the BB Storm??? If Verizon allowed the online discount with the original purchase of the BB Storm, why can't that be  used for the exchange as well. The restocking fee covers the burden of exchanging phones before 30 days. Why be hit with a double whammy with the long awaited mail-in rebate???  

Why on earth would you trade your Storm for the Droid....it's so fugly and it doesn't have BBM!!!!  In all seriousness though, like the person above me said, people are lazy, and they either wait and do the MIR too later or not at all and then VZW reaps the benefit.  It's a great marketing strategy that works.    

0 Likes