2 BlackBerry Phones (Classic and Key2 LE), 1 Phone Number, 1 SIM
slaroche
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an existing BlackBerry Classic. I just bought the BlackBerry Key2 LE from Best Buy (model BBE 100-5). I want to be able to switch the SIM back and forth between the two phones - I still like/prefer the old BlackBerry BB10 OS, but (unfortunately) at times I need the new apps that Android and the Google Play Store provide.

Anyway...

I have the Key2 LE up and running. As others have suggested, I went to a Verizon Store and they supplied me with a new SIM for the Key2 LE. I then called tech support and they added/enabled the CDMA-LESS provisioning to the "account". Without this feature I was unable to send/receive calls or text messages of any kind on the Key2. All is now good.

However, if I pull that SIM out and return it to the BlackBerry Classic - that phone no longer works as it did previously. Cannot send/recieve phone calls.

I was told that the "CDMA-LESS" provisioning is an account level feature. It sticks even when I move the SIM to the old phone (The Classic). And it's not something the end user has control over through the VZW web site. I would need to call tech support and have them remove that provision... and then call again to re-add if I wanted to use the Key2 LE again. I was under the impression that when you turned the phone on the SIM would automatically provision accordingly. Apparently, I'm wrong... and unhappy... and disappointed...

I know many people who swap SIMS among their many phones all the time.

Any thoughts? Is there anything that can be done to overcome this issue?

Steve

0 Likes
Re: 2 BlackBerry Phones (Classic and Key2 LE), 1 Phone Number, 1 SIM
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slaroche, I can understand why you'd be disappointed and upset about not being able to swap your SIM card between the BlackBerry Key2 LE, and the BlackBerry Classic and still have a properly functioning device without contacting us. I want to help clear up the details, as you're correct, multiple users swap out there SIM cards between devices. However, since the BlackBerry Key2 LE is an unlocked device, not already provisioned for our network, we have to add the CDMA-less feature to your line manually for the device to work. Inserting your SIM card back into the BlackBerry Classic does not automatically reprovision the device as this feature is something that has to be manually added/removed. We understand you're interested in being able to swap devices at a times for the features you're missing on your BlackBerry Classic. There is no way for us to change this, however, I can ensure to submit feedback. The good news is, we're available on social media 24/7 eager to help when you need to swap out your devices. I hope this information helps to provide clarity.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
cyndi01
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, to manually do this takes 3-10 buisness days?  I was just trying to get help with mine and was informed this

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help you as much as we can Cyndi01. I do need a little more information from you. Can you tell me what takes 3-10 business days? Please elaborate on your concern.  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes