Use of Blackberry Tour in Killarney and surrounding areas of Ireland
faedgarjr

I am about to travel to southwestern Ireland and would like to use my Blackberry Tour to make calls to the US, send and receive texts from the US, check the internet, and so forth.  What is the best way to accomplish this?  Is the Tour both a CDMA and a GSM phone so that I can use a Tesco or O2 SIM card (and how do I use a sim card)??  All tips and suggestions are welcomed.

0 Likes
Re: Use of Blackberry Tour in Killarney and surrounding areas of Ireland
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello faedgarjr,

How exciting that you will be taking a trip to Ireland! I am pleased to advise that your Blackberry Tour is, indeed, a Global phone. It's capable of working on both CDMA and GSM networks. I want to make sure you have all the information you'll need to ensure you are able to use your phone!

We would need to activate your sim card and add the necessary global features to your account. Within the US, you can call *611 and have the SIM card activated. Our number to customer service while roaming internationally is 908-599-4899. We have support 24 hours a day so you can call when it's convenient for you! We can provide detailed information for Ireland, use of other sim cards, and update your account for international services. We would also want to review call and data rates, and even dialing instructions to use while you are traveling abroad.

Here is a helpful link regarding your travels for your review: http://businessportals.verizonwireless.com/international/traveling_to/index.html

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes