Upload MP3 to BB Storm 2?
vbbuilt

I have an iMac.  How do I upload MP3 files to my BB Storm 2? Is there a Mac compatible program I need to download?

Thanks, Vince.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upload MP3 to BB Storm 2?
Wildman
Legend
Removal Instruction 
    Press the release buttons on the back of the phone to release the battery cover.
    Lift the battery cover off the phone.
    Slide the micro SD card out of its slot so it is loose.
    Turn the phone over in your hand or on a table to drop the card out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Read more:  How to Remove the Micro SD Card in a BlackBerry Storm Cell Phone | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4775006_card-blackberry-storm-cell-phone.html#ixzz1q3Rthxno

Read page #118-119 of owners manual from http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/11395/BlackBerry_Storm2_Series-User_Guid...

it covers transferring files to device...

Transfer a file between your device and your computer in mass storage mode or MTP

Depending on your BlackBerry® device model or your wireless service provider, mass storage mode or MTP might not be supported.

Mass storage mode and MTP enable you to transfer files between a media card in your BlackBerry device and your computer, or your device

memory and computer.

1. Connect your device to your computer.

2. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.

3. Set the Mass Storage Mode Support field or Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) field to On.

4. Press the Menu key.

5. Click Save.

6. On your computer, your device might appear as a removable disk. Drag a file from a location on your computer to your device.

To exit mass storage mode or MTP, disconnect your device from your computer.

Change how you transfer files between your device and your computer

Depending on your BlackBerry® device model or your wireless service provider, mass storage mode or MTP might not be supported.

1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.

2. Click Memory.

3. Do one of the following actions:

• To use mass storage mode to transfer files between your BlackBerry device and computer, set the Mass Storage Mode Support field

to On. If necessary, change the Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected field.

• To use MTP to transfer media files between your device and computer, set the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) field to On. If necessary,

change the Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected field.

• To receive a prompt to select either mass storage mode or MTP when you connect your device to your computer, set the Auto Enable

Mass Storage Mode When Connected field to Prompt.

4. Press the Menu key.

5. Click Save.

Save a media file

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi vbbuilt,

Uploading files (MP3s/pictures) from your iMac to your Blackberry Storm is really easy if your iMac has Bluetooth capabilities. See instructions below.

Pair your Blackberry with your iMac:

Go to the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your screen, and then select System Preferences. From there, select the Bluetooth pane under Hardware and make sure that Bluetooth is both On and Discoverable. Now, on your BlackBerry's home screen press the manage connection icon and select the Bluetooth check box to enable.

When you first open the application, it will ask you to ensure that the Bluetooth device is in pairing mode, press OK, and it will search for available devices. Once it finishes searching, it will display a list of all the devices it found. Likely your computer will be the only one on the list. Once you've selected to pair with your computer, it will ask you to enter a numeric passkey. The passkey can be any thing (i.e. 0000). Put in a number, and you'll immediately see a box asking for password on your iMac. Enter the same password that you entered on your BlackBerry and press the Pair button. Congratulations, you've paired your phone and your iMac!

Sending files from your Mac onto the BlackBerry:

On the BlackBerry, open your Media file and select Music, Ringtones, Video, or Pictures depending on the media you choose to transfer. Then press menu and select Receive Using Bluetooth. Now go to your iMac and find the file you want to send. Right-click on the file and scroll down to the sub-menu called More. In that menu, you'll find an option to Send "filename" to Bluetooth Device your phone will be listed there. Select your phone and your BlackBerry will ask if you want to receive the file and will prompt you for a location to save it. Pick the location and your transfer will immediately start.

I trust that the above instructions will resolve your file transfer concerns. Please keep us posted if you need further assistance.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Another option if the BB has a SD Card, you could remove card from phone and place in card reader and transfer the files to the card and then you can access the files when card is placed back into the phone..

0 Likes
vbbuilt

Apologize for the long delay, but I haven't had the opportunity to try your suggestions till now. Unfortuantely your steps don't work. I've the iMac 24 with Lion OS-X 10.7.3.

On the BB, I have the Media option, then separate buttons for Music, Ringtones, etc.  I choose Music, but there is no choice for menu nor any option to receiving with Bluetooth.

In Finder, right-select a music file, there is no submenu called More. 

So I don't know where you're getting this info.

Thanks anyway.  Vince.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

So what about the option to remove the sd card and place in a card reader?  When you place it in a reader you should see it as a external drive and in the directory there should be a Music and Photos, simply place the ringers on the card in the correct folders and place back in phone.

0 Likes
vbbuilt

I'm a newb here and I'm not sure how to remove that card.  Is there an online tutorial somewhere? Or is that listed in the owners manual?

Thanks, Vince.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
Removal Instruction 
    Press the release buttons on the back of the phone to release the battery cover.
    Lift the battery cover off the phone.
    Slide the micro SD card out of its slot so it is loose.
    Turn the phone over in your hand or on a table to drop the card out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Read more:  How to Remove the Micro SD Card in a BlackBerry Storm Cell Phone | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4775006_card-blackberry-storm-cell-phone.html#ixzz1q3Rthxno

Read page #118-119 of owners manual from http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/11395/BlackBerry_Storm2_Series-User_Guid...

it covers transferring files to device...

Transfer a file between your device and your computer in mass storage mode or MTP

Mass storage mode and MTP enable you to transfer files between a media card in your BlackBerry device and your computer, or your device

memory and computer.

1. Connect your device to your computer.

2. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.

3. Set the Mass Storage Mode Support field or Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) field to On.

4. Press the Menu key.

5. Click Save.

6. On your computer, your device might appear as a removable disk. Drag a file from a location on your computer to your device.

To exit mass storage mode or MTP, disconnect your device from your computer.

Change how you transfer files between your device and your computer

1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.

2. Click Memory.

3. Do one of the following actions:

• To use mass storage mode to transfer files between your BlackBerry device and computer, set the Mass Storage Mode Support field

to On. If necessary, change the Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected field.

• To use MTP to transfer media files between your device and computer, set the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) field to On. If necessary,

change the Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected field.

• To receive a prompt to select either mass storage mode or MTP when you connect your device to your computer, set the Auto Enable

Mass Storage Mode When Connected field to Prompt.

4. Press the Menu key.

5. Click Save.

Save a media file

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Here is a video of transferring media with a MAC from BB....

PAIR

TRANSFER

0 Likes
vbbuilt

Thanks but several disconnects with what my BB displays and what your video shows.

No menu option.  Instead, there's a SETUP option. Within SETUP there are 4 options, one of which is "Set Up Bluetooth.

I've been able to cause the iMac and the BB to find one another.  They pair.

The iMac is added to the Paired Devices section on the BB.

The BB does appear on iMac's listing of paired devices HOWEVER it only shows BRIEFLY as Connected, then quickly disconnect.

On the BB, in the Media folder, NONE of the subfolders list any option for receiving files via bluetooth. The only things listed in the Music folder, as an example, are  All Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres, Playlists, Shuffle Songs.

So, I'm about to give up.  I appreciate all your effort, so either I'm doing something wrong or the video's you've provided don't work with this BB Storm II.  Just wondering if the instructions in the video were intended for a certain version of BB Storm II software baseline vs the software currently installed on this Storm II?

Instead of chatting back and forth on this forum, is there telephone support that we can chat on?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

No sorry there isnt any way to hold a personal one on one voice conversation because of the risk of personal information being released to everyone...   The video was simply a guildine to setup things and makes it work, all devices software is known to be a bit diffrent here and there but usually it get the user to the correct point..

It sounds like you may not be loading all the drivers automatically, this is a issue with Windows device and I believe this may be your case...  What happens when you use the steps to connect device in the video I lable transfer, if the devices are paired correctly the device wont connect until you use the steeps listed in the first video after the device was paired..

0 Likes