Segegrating Email Accounts (Enteprise & Personal)
jcristobal
Enthusiast - Level 2

On a recently purchase 8530 Curve, I have established and activated my corporate email account (via my company's IT org) and also set up and connected to my personal Verizon email account.  So there are two separate icons, which is what I wanted. 

But some of my personal email from my Verizon account is now getting delivered to both the BB Enterprise email UI (where it is interleaved with my business emails), as well as being duplicated in the Verizon email list on the BB.  

Any ideas as to how this happened and how i can fix it?  

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Segegrating Email Accounts (Enteprise & Personal)
jcristobal
Enthusiast - Level 2

For some reason the BES setup didn't put a message w/globe icon on my main screen. 

However, when i went to the main screen and clicked "show all", there was the separate icon for BES. 

So I kept the BES icon and also kept the icon for my Verizon email, but hid the icon for the inbox that combines all messages together.   So I got what I wanted - segregating two inboxes on the main screen.

Thanks to those who responded. 

PS.  I can't believe the typos I left in my original Subject line 🙂  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

For the icon with your coorporate email, go into the email and then select the menu button and go to options.  Under options go to inbox settings and you will se a list of the email accounts that are displayed here.  Uncheck the email accounts you do not want displayed and that should take care of the issue.

0 Likes
jcristobal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  The PDF manual for the device suggests doing that process.

Problem is that my device doesn't seem to have an "inbox settings" selection when I click on the options, what i have displayed as choices are:

- General Options

- Email Settings

- Email Filters

- Email Reconciliation

- Spell Check

None of those choices seems to have list of email accounts that i can check or uncheck.

0 Likes
mediacrave

I want to do the same thing (keep my personal e-mail out of my inbox with my work email) but I'm not finding the settings you describe.

0 Likes
Bsmith151

The "Inbox Settings" under options will only show up when you click on the icon for a specific e-mail account in the home page (i.e. "Desktop" for corporate) and not the general "messages" icon. 

0 Likes
nl

I have the same problem, but under options I dont even have the filter option listed.

0 Likes
stephanieleemin

When it comes to a BB, the email and messaging icons are pretty much the same. You will have your main "Messages" icon that is the end all for every message of any kind. You will have another icon that is an envelope as well, but will have a small globe in front of it, for each and every email address that you have set up on the phone. That is how they are laid out.

0 Likes
jcristobal
Enthusiast - Level 2

For some reason the BES setup didn't put a message w/globe icon on my main screen. 

However, when i went to the main screen and clicked "show all", there was the separate icon for BES. 

So I kept the BES icon and also kept the icon for my Verizon email, but hid the icon for the inbox that combines all messages together.   So I got what I wanted - segregating two inboxes on the main screen.

Thanks to those who responded. 

PS.  I can't believe the typos I left in my original Subject line 🙂  

0 Likes