Releasing Blackberry Pin
jah_spider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have been trying all week to no avail to get my Blackberry PIN released from the Verizon network, to use with a foreign sim & BIS service. The phone is unlocked but it seems the PIN is locked to a BES service thru a Verizon retailer. I have reached out to Verizon Tech Support & RIM Tech Support & am just getting the run around. Can anyone guide me in the right direction to get help with this? The last Verizon Tech rep I spoke to told me that RIM could assist once I had the SRP code & Subscription code for the original BES. I can not get that & have not found a way around it. If i can get the PIN released from Verizon, I would even consider hooking the phone up with Verizon again once I am back in the USA. Anyone that has any idea on how to go about getting this done for a 9550 Storm, I would really appreciate it. I am trying to hook it up on the Digicel Cayman network while I am here on a job. I have tried everything possible including doing a factory reset & no luck. I still can not get the service books sent or register with the BIS service properly because of the PIN being locked to a Verizon BES network. The phone was purchased thru eBay, after it was purchased from a Verizon retailer (where it was a display phone).

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
Re: Releasing Blackberry Pin
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Only the original person can get the PIN removed from their BIS (or BES).

0 Likes
Re: Releasing Blackberry Pin
jah_spider
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get certain information from Verizon Tech support, but then the support stopped. Does anyone have an email address for Verizon Blackberry Tech Support?

0 Likes