HELP ON TOUR OR STORM 2 or CURVE 2
MANNY921

I  have an upgrade available and I want to use it tomorrow but I can't decide what blackberry to choose I really like all of them can someone or every blackberry user help me decide by telling me what can one do that the other doesn't.

0 Likes
Re: HELP ON TOUR OR STORM 2 or CURVE 2
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Let me see if I can help you.  First, all Blackberry devices do the same basic funcitons such as web, email, apps, etc.  So ask yourself, do I want a touchscreen?  If not, you just eleminated the Storm2.  Then, the differences between the Tour and Curve2 is that the Tour is a Global phone in that you can use it overseas.  Also, the Curve2 has WiFi, where the Tour does not.  The Curve2 is made of a cheaper, less expensive plastic-feeling case, where the other two are made of harder mettalic cases.  All 3 devices have the same amount of memory for apps.  I have had my Tour since this past August and it has been a really sweet device.  A lot of folks have had problems with the trackball on the Tour and the Curve2 has the new Trackpad, which is optical and a little bit better.  Keep in mind, the Tour2 will be released in the next few weeks and it will feature the same trackpad, WiFi, and the 5.0 OS like the Curve2.  If it were me, I would save my phone upgrade for a few weeks until then.  If you need a phone right now, then go with your choice from above.  Good luck.

Doc

0 Likes
MANNY921

I don't think I asked the right questions. What I wanted to know is what sort of cool things can one blackberry do from another. Im referring to like apps and themes and other cool tricks. I guess is what IM asking and if I do want a key board should I wait till the tour 2(Essex) comes out, and why? I hope some one can help me cuz I really don't want to get the wrong phone and be stuck with it for a year I just want the coolest blackberry to do all kinds of great  things. Did I mention I want it today?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

MANNY921 wrote:

I don't think I asked the right questions. What I wanted to know is what sort of cool things can one blackberry do from another. Im referring to like apps and themes and other cool tricks. I guess is what IM asking and if I do want a key board should I wait till the tour 2(Essex) comes out, and why? I hope some one can help me cuz I really don't want to get the wrong phone and be stuck with it for a year I just want the coolest blackberry to do all kinds of great  things. Did I mention I want it today?

Ok,

Let me see if I can answer this question you have.  As far as cool apps and cool things that one BB can do from another, they are about the same.  All BB devices perform the same basic functions.  As far as apps and themes, there are a boat-load of those, many free, found on sites such as Blackberry App World and other app sites as such.  I'm not sure what you mean by "cool tricks."  As I mentioned in my previous post, the Storm2 is touch and the others are not.  If you want to wait for the Tour2, it might be a few weeks.  If you want it today, you will not get the Tour2. 

One of the dilemmas that Blackberry owners face is the ever changing world of technology.  While the Tour2 might be coming out soon, there is always another great device in waiting to be released that is even cooler.  One complaint I have seen a few times in these forums is people who buy the "latest-greatest device" that is on the market often become mad when the next great device is mentioned.  They automatically think just because they bought a device, they should get a new model for free or at a tremendous discount.  My advice to you is to go into the store and play with all of the devices you want and then make your decision. 

Doc

0 Likes
hol_eliz

they're right, all the Blackberry's are gonna offer the same in terms of the application market, and features for the most part.  With the exception of the browsers, on board memory, and navigation type (ie trackball or touch pad)  With that said, Blackberry's are mostly business a little bit of leisure.  Droid on the other hand is mostly leisure with a little bit of business.  What I mean by this is:  the Blackberry application forum is pretty limited in terms of variety and cost- most good apps you have to pay for.  YET you can do emailing, document-editing etc.  Whereas on the Droid the applications offered are limitless and most are free of charge.  You still have access to all POP email accounts and the ability to sync with Outlook and edit documents.  It just depends on whats the most important feature to you.  I personally have both devices, one for work and one for personal, and I have to say the Droid is my favorite for both. 

0 Likes
MANNY921

Doc

thanks for all your info it was great. I just came back from the Verizon store and IM happy to say that I went  with the STORM 2. I LIKE IT SO FAR. As for your comment on how blackberry users want a huge discount on the newest model to be released its true, but I have to say I came from at&t and apart from the iphone which I still have on eBay if anyone is interested,they don't have any other phone so I think ill be happy with the storm for a long time or till I can upgrade again next year.

hol_eliz

I was playing with the droid of the manager from the store as he was doing my upgrade and as far as I saw I didn't like the phone specially the keyboard and I really don't see my self with an android phone any time soon,but I do appreciate your comments thanks for your help.

ONE LAST THING DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE BEST THEMES FOR THE STORM 2?

ALSO CAN I GET GOOGLE MAPS SO I DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THE VZ NAVIGATOR?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

MANNY921 wrote:

Doc

ONE LAST THING DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE BEST THEMES FOR THE STORM 2?

ALSO CAN I GET GOOGLE MAPS SO I DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THE VZ NAVIGATOR?

Manny,

For Google apps, try their website.  For themes for the Storm2, try Crackberry's website.  If you really want some nice themes, you might have to pay a few dollars for them.  I prefer Elecite's gallery of themes.

Doc

0 Likes