Getting msg "Cannot play media while alert is active" and no ring tone for calls suddenly
bluesgrllv

Knew something was wrong when the alarm didn't sound but I hadn't changed anything.  Then later that day realized no sounds for message alerts, texts, etc.  I checked  Sound and Alert Profiles and didn't see anything that would be a problem.  I hadn't changed anything (that I'm aware of anyway) recently so I don't know what's happened that is causing this new problem with my phone.  When I tried to play songs that I had downloaded I get these messages:

"device media processor busy"  "cannot play media while alert is active" and "problem previewing the media".  This is my first smartphone and I haven't had it for very long and have pretty much stuck to just the basics to operate it so far.   So, what I'm saying is I'm not all that tech savvy.  I'm really stumped on this and don't know whether I accidentally changed something that's causing this problem or it's the phone.  For a few minutes today it did seem to be working okay again, but that didn't last long.  Anyone have an idea of what's going on here? And can tell me how to fix it?  Please, I need help with this.

0 Likes
Re: Getting msg "Cannot play media while alert is active" and no ring tone for calls suddenly
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi bluesgrllv,

Congratulations on your new Blackberry device; Great Choice!  I hate that you're having these problems with your device, and I'd like to assist you with getting it working properly again.

Blackberry devices are like miniature computers, and with that being said, this could be the result of a hung application or program running in the background that didn't close properly.  This is usually remedied by, simply, powering off the device, removing (for approximately 1 minute) and reinserting the battery.

Please let us know how this works out for you.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes