Re: GPS Locator, Tracking for Blackberry Storm,Curve
phonegeek
wrong bbgirl09.  if that were the case then why are you able to use googlemaps or any other maps app?  the phones have gps unlocked. 
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

The Storm and Tour are unlocked for sure b/c I used google maps on my Storm and it's accurate w/in 10' of my position when I'm sitting in my living room.  New firmware for the Curve has unlocked the GPS in those phones if I read correctly, but don't quote me on that. 

{keep it relevant}

Message Edited by WendyM on 07-25-2009 05:23 PM
0 Likes
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2
agps is still locked out for unapproved apps . From what I read in an article the other day, to get access to the PDE servers huge fees and strict privacy agreement are required. Since blackberry 9530 and newer have agps and standalone chips companys are gonna be less likely now to fork over money that will only benefit the older devices
0 Likes
capy01
Ok, I guess I can spend all my time and money finding programs . My point is for the money I spend on Verizon, they should upgrade my phone with new software and features. I have nothing against Blackberry. It's Verizon. The curve is what my daughter uses and I have Storm. My Gps is working. Hers is not. If there is an upgrade software for curve, I have not heard. Again the point is. Blackberry world takes care of the Blackberry, but Verizon seems to want nothing to do with it. They should be proactive in making people happy with there phones and supporting features to make us happy. Not locking software because they don't make money.If you supply and sell a phone, you should support the features it is capable of. Third party or not.
Message Edited by capy01 on 07-26-2009 09:56 AM
Message Edited by capy01 on 07-26-2009 09:57 AM
0 Likes
capy01

From your Verizon Wireless device or the Web, enjoy the comfort and convenience of locating family members anytime. 

Just keeps getting better. It's almost like they like slapping me in the face. I sit her watching my daughter on Google Lattitude where she said she would be within 4500 meters (Not even close) and I tried to sign up for Verizon's new Family Locator service. Of course it doesn't work on a storm. Why would I expect it to for $290 bill this month. It works with 7-8 phones as Locatee . If you don't have one of those phones you are out of luck to locate anyone.. Just waiting for better company to help me.. When I saw this I said oh great . Now I can keep an eye on my 15 year daughter....Not..Thanks again Verizon for the tease...

0 Likes