Few questions about speed dial and internet options on Blackberry Curve 8330
kaseyl87

I just got the phone today but so far it has proven to be pretty easy to get accustomed to. My questions are:

*I know how to set speed dials but then when I go to push the speed dial number it doesn't bring up the contact chosen for that number...help?

*I didn't get the unlimited email/data plan for blackberry so my questions for this particular area is do I need to manually turn off my internet connections when they are not in use? How do I do this, if needed? If I am not connected to the internet can I still call out/receive calls? When I try to call outit asks for me to restore connections/turn on radio..why is that? What should I do to stop this?

Thank you so much in advance for anyone who can answer these 😃

0 Likes
Re: Few questions about speed dial and internet options on Blackberry Curve 8330
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Well, Let's see. I would like to respond to your second statement first because you have peaked my curiosity. When you purchase a Blackberry device through VZW, I was under the impression that the Unlimited email/data plan was required to contract the phone for the price of $29.99. So this might be a mute point. I would like to know the plan you subscribe to. Not trying to be nosey. I pay the $29.99 plan and I have the unlimited data/email. There you go.

Now to your first question, I need to ask a question. Probably not what you want to hear but this is the only way for me to understand how to respond so. What exactly shows up when you send the speed dial number. All the details you can please. Thanks...

Regards, Michael 

0 Likes
Re: Few questions about speed dial and internet options on Blackberry Curve 8330
kaseyl87

I use the $29.99 plan as well...I thought that meant it wasn't unlimited because the next plan up was $44.99 and it said unlimited data, etc.  ??? I just don't want to have my internet connected all the time if my bill is going to run up because of it.

The speed dial issue: well I assumed when I push the number and send that it would dial the speed dial saved to that number, instead when I push the intended speed dial number it just calls the number itself for example speed dial 4 is my aunt, instead of calling her it just calls the number 4 lol I hope that all made sense. Please help if you can 😃

0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

Okay, very good. First of all the difference in the plans are like this. The $29.99 plan is in reference to what is known as BIS or Blackberry Internet Service. Most plans are set up on this. These are primarily used for personal use. It is unlimited data/email.

You may stream music,talk radio visit any browser site that you wish etc. etc... Send/receive as many email/Blackberry messages as you like as well. This does not cover sms/mms texting features I think. I have the texting feature as well so I can't verify if you have it. So you may want to verify with a CSR at VZW about the texting. 

Now let's work on the speed dial. Push the button as if you were going to make a call. Don't make a call. You should be seeing the keypad at this point. Next, push the menu(Blackberry)button. You menu list should be showing now. Select options. The screen should be at Phone Options. Select Speed Dial Numbers. From here you should be able to hover over the desired number that you want to program for speed dial setting. Push you menu button again and select edit, then insert a contact that you like.

Hope this helps...Good Luck

Regards, Michael 

Forgot to tell you what the $44.99 plan was. This is known as BES or Blackberry Enterprise Service. Used primarily for Businesses.

Don't worry about it for now. 

Message Edited by EarthUnderSky on 05-15-2009 07:45 PM
0 Likes
kaseyl87

Well I know how to set speed dials, but they aren't working when I try to use them. When I push the number that is supposed to be a speed dial number it's not saved..?

My other question now pertaining to the internet is that I don't know how to bring up any other webpage than the blackberry webpage. I don't see how bring up the url bar to type in a desired web page...? HELP plllleasssse

0 Likes
DaniLove13
Contributor - Level 3

I have no idea on the speed dial issue, sorry :smileysad:

But as far as browsing all you need to do is while in the browser, hit your menu key, scroll to GO TO: and it will bring up a url bar :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
kaseyl87
Ok..there's something I'm not doing right because when I push the menu/blackberry key in the options it doesn't have a "go to" option...what's going on?
0 Likes
DaniLove13
Contributor - Level 3
What options are you getting? and you are doing this while the browser is open correct?
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
If you've correctly set the speed dial, then all you need to do is hold down the desired speed dial key for several seconds, 3-5seconds, and it should start dialing that contact. So you don't need to press the send button at all...just hold down the desired key.
0 Likes