Curve 2 or Tour
brcarn7

I am at the end of my life span with my Curve 1 and was wondering if anyone had any input as to whether I should get another Curve or the Tour.  Ive also heard the Tour 2 (or Bold) will be coming out soon.  The trackball on my curve fell out and is somewhere under the seat of my car and I cant find it.  I use my blackberry all the time for work using email, texting, calendar internet etc.  Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Curve 2 or Tour
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

The Curve 8530 is a great phone AND you won't have to worry about the trackball falling out...it does not have one.  It uses a trackpad optical device.  If you can wait, the revamped Tour 2 or Bold 9650 will also feature the trackpad.  I believe that RIM is phasing out the trackball on future models, which makes a lot of people happy.  The 9650 will be out in the next month or so.  As far as the Tour 9630, I can speak for myself and my experience.  I have two 9630 Tours, one is mine and the other my wife's.  We have had them since last August and have not had any problems.  I hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Had to laugh about the trackball rolling into the under-the-seat abyss.

If it were me, I would wait for the 9650. It "should" be out in May ... can you use an old phone until then?

0 Likes
2_BCs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Personally, I think that I would try to wait for the 9650, as I have seen postings elsewnere that the Tour is EOL and won't be sold after May (or while supplies last).  Who knows what kind of support we Tour owners will receive after that point...

0 Likes
brcarn7

Thank you so much for your input!  I went to verizon and they put a new trackball in today and I am going to hold off for the Bold 9650!  Great advice!

0 Likes
Jude526

Speaking from experience with The Tour, I suggest the Curve 8530.  I have had three Tours and I have to admit, I loved that BB .  It is amazing but the trackball is a real issue.  I had thought I was done with problems but this last one not only was sticking, it completely came to a dead hault.  I can't deal with it anymore and in need of a smartphone, I chose the new

Curve 8530.  I had played with a few times and kept looking at it when I was in the store about one thing or another !

I am very new to the Curve.  This is my 2nd day and I am not looking back and regretting it.  I do have to get used to the smaller size and no camera flash, but honestly........this BB is awesome.  It really rocks.  I am pleased so far and am glad was given the opportunity to make a switch. 

The battery life isn't up to par like my Tour was, but I know it will get better as it is used, same happened with The Tour.

I am having issues with getting a couple of apps that are suppose to be available, but am sure eventually will be able to get them. I hope so because I like the QUICK PULL.   But it won't work.  But that is minor.  I don't have to be concerned about a trackball and this new track pad is optical and is really slides easily.  I am happy.  Go play with it and see for yourself.

0 Likes