Cure Trackball Problem?
mretrade
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Curve trackball won't  track horizontally. I used a Q tip and rubbing alcohol and cleaned the ball, rubber rollers and the inside of the phone. Doesn't seem too fix the problem.  I turned up the sensitivity and it is very jumpy.

The big question is it the phone? or the trackball?

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cure Trackball Problem?
mretrade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like it's the trackball...... I tried one from another Curve and it worked perfectly. So tomorrow it's off to pickup

another one...

Thanks everyone! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kolotopiN-X
Sounds like your Blackberry may just be defective so if you've had it for less then a year then your covered through warranty for a free replacement of the phone as long as its not damaged by you. If it has been more then a year your only option is to file a claim through insurance or upgrade to a new device. The phone number for warranty/insurance is 1-866-406-5154 and you usually receive the phone next day.
0 Likes
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2
More than likely your trackball need replace. I've had the same trouble a few times. I get mine off ebay for bout $6 shipped
0 Likes
mretrade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like it's the trackball...... I tried one from another Curve and it worked perfectly. So tomorrow it's off to pickup

another one...

Thanks everyone! 

0 Likes