Chirping on 8830 since upgrading to OS 4.5.0.175
crissythechef

I am now on my 3rd BB 8830 replacement phone due to an intermittent chirping sound that happens on calls whether I am using the speaker phone or not.  Verizon has no clue why this is happening.  Callers here it and its to the point that I am ready to throw the phone across the room.

In addition, the call quality is terrible.  I am told that I am cutting out continuously.  I am not using a headset or Bluetooth.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?  Before upgrading, I was a happy camper.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: Chirping on 8830 since upgrading to OS 4.5.0.175
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

This problem was discussed and a resolution was found in a previous thread found at http://community.vzw.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/High-pitched-sound-beep-while-on-calls-on-BB-Curve-83...  If you need the file to downgrade your OS, I will send you a private message here in the forums.

Doc

0 Likes
tdwidner

StreetDocRn is 100% correct. I downgraded and it fixed my issue with the chirping.

0 Likes
swigo

Ditto on the downgrade download to 4.5.0.138, seems to be working for me too.....thanks for the website connect Doc

0 Likes
jojameghan

Found this thread in a goole seach regarding the beep. Can you send me the downgrade site? I'm tired of dealing with it - I was fine for three days and then it started happening again.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

jojameghan wrote:

Found this thread in a goole seach regarding the beep. Can you send me the downgrade site? I'm tired of dealing with it - I was fine for three days and then it started happening again.

No problem.  Let me know if you need any further help or have any more problems.  Happy to try to help.

Doc

0 Likes