Can't get my curve 8330 to ring, tried the usual.
law1221

I have tried all the usual solutions. Notification profile, changed the Out/In holster to tone. I found a possible solution in help "In a notification profile exception, verify that the Custom Ring Tone field is not set to Mute." I can't find the Custom Ring Tone field. Please help.

;

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't get my curve 8330 to ring, tried the usual.
scuzzyxzero
Enthusiast - Level 3

1. do a soft reset by taking out the battery if you have not done so already.

2. from the main menu go to "profiles", then scroll the the bottom to "advanced" and choose that, Next highlight the profile you use the most (exp normal) then highlight phone to change the ringtone.  press the blackberry menu key and choose save.  Do a test call to your phone or have a buddy call you.  

3.  If your phone is not ringing at all go back to the same screen to change your ringtone.  This time go all the way to the bottom of the screen.  There is an option on this model for "do not disturb mode" which will cut the ringer off all together and kick people to voicemail as soon as the call comes in.  Make sure this is not checked.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
scuzzyxzero
Enthusiast - Level 3

1. do a soft reset by taking out the battery if you have not done so already.

2. from the main menu go to "profiles", then scroll the the bottom to "advanced" and choose that, Next highlight the profile you use the most (exp normal) then highlight phone to change the ringtone.  press the blackberry menu key and choose save.  Do a test call to your phone or have a buddy call you.  

3.  If your phone is not ringing at all go back to the same screen to change your ringtone.  This time go all the way to the bottom of the screen.  There is an option on this model for "do not disturb mode" which will cut the ringer off all together and kick people to voicemail as soon as the call comes in.  Make sure this is not checked.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
law1221

Thanks, I had tried the other solutions but had not tried a soft reboot; This did the trick. Bless you.

0 Likes