Re: CONTACTING Verizon!
rojodiosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can you reach customer service by email or chat? on Chat was only the sales dept. trying to sell me more stuff. I wanted to ask questions about why I was being billed certain charges and she couldn't help me. There is no way to email or chat w a customer service rep. They have put up a wall so you can't complain about their fees but they give you EASY access if you want to BUY something or upgrade (and pay them more $).

My plan is $109 but somehow I am being charged $118 every month plus another $29 in taxes, fees, and misc. charges and I end up paying over $150 monthly including "administrative fee", "gross receipts" charge, plus all the taxes...just nonsense. I never understood WHY Verizon is charging me for their services and an extra charge for their fees?

Plus Asurion is a total scam. Why am I paying all this money to have my phone insured? Where is the warranty? Why doesn't it cover the phone not working the way its supposed to and I have to buy insurance?? I am trying to have their "insurance" taken off my phone plus a subscription to an app I took off my plan but am still being charged for, but I can't talk to a CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON.,

ALL I can do is talk to a forum of fellow unhappy customers or chat with a sales rep.

THANKS FOR NOTHING VERIZON.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you call 800-922-0204 (or *611 from your handset), press 4 for "Other"  and then say "Agent" at the prompt, you should be connected with a live person in a few minutes, typically 2 or 3.

Insurance covers loss, damage, and things NOT covered by the warranty.  Warranty replaces the phone if there's a manufacturer's defect, and insurance will replace it if it's lost, stolen, or damaged; the deductible is usually less than buying a new phone outright.  You need to weigh the cost of the insurance vs saving the $ and buying a replacement phone yourself.  You can cancel the insurance by talking to a customer service rep as outlined above.

You can also stop the app subscription by talking to a rep, AND uninstalling the app from your phone.  Both steps are necessary to stop the account from being billed.

I've found that it takes a 5 minute phone call to resolve most issues - be polite, state clearly what you need, (please cancel insurance and the subscription). 

0 Likes
rojodiosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, I know your response is perfectly reasonable.

However, I am still majorly annoyed that you cannot contact Verizon by email online except through social networks, and so are many many other people angry and frustrated about this from reading their posts.

The "contact us" button does nothing but connect you to a sales person, or lead you down a maze of other unhelpful options..

...and if they can connect you to someone who can sell you or upgrade you or find some other way to bleed more money out of you then they should be able to connect you to someone who can help pare down your bill. A lot of people are having money issues these days and ridiculous charges and fees that we have no power to stop is one of the reasons.

I still say that Asurion is a scam, the list price for the phones are ridiculous considering how long they last and I'm expected to "upgrade" every year, the fact that I'm paying one half again as much in taxes and fees on top of my phone service is highway robbery. Originally my service was supposed to be $100, but that ended up being $109, which is now $118 for some reason, which turns out to be $151 with taxes and fees, plus $8+ for insurance. and If I can't pay the bill we're charge $45 re-connection fee PER PHONE!!! for what? and what can I do about it? Verizon basically has a monopoly, so If you want a phone and be a social human, this is it, and Verizon doesn't care. they add a new charge or tax every month and there's nothing I can do but cancel my service.

I DID find an email option at the Verizon Residential site that includes questions for wireless. They will probably take this away soon too so hurry up and use it if you think it will do you any good.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

rojodiosa wrote:

However, I am still majorly annoyed that you cannot contact Verizon by email online except through social networks, and so are many many other people angry and frustrated about this from reading their posts.

The "contact us" button does nothing but connect you to a sales person, or lead you down a maze of other unhelpful options..

...and if they can connect you to someone who can sell you or upgrade you or find some other way to bleed more money out of you then they should be able to connect you to someone who can help pare down your bill. I personally have never had a problem contacting a person (by calling *611 from my device or 800-922-0204 from any other phone) who does NOT try to sell me something and is able to help with any problem I may have.

A lot of people are having money issues these days and ridiculous charges and fees that we have no power to stop is one of the reasons.

I still say that Asurion is a scam, I have no argument with this statement and do not subscribe to this insurance.

the list price for the phones are ridiculous considering how long they last My phones seem to last plenty long enough. I have a drawer full of fully functional phones which I have upgraded from after using them for 2 years. I normally give/loan them to others who are a lot rougher on their phones than I am. If a phone does not last the length of a contract, it is AT LEAST partially the fault of the user and not solely the fault of the phone, especially if it is continually happening

and I'm expected to "upgrade" every year, the fact that I'm paying one half again as much in taxes and fees on top of my phone service is highway robbery. Originally my service was supposed to be $100, but that ended up being $109, which is now $118 for some reason, which turns out to be $151 with taxes and fees, plus $8+ for insurance. and If I can't pay the bill we're charge $45 re-connection fee PER PHONE!!! Reconnection fees are $15/line, not $45/line

for what? and what can I do about it? Verizon basically has a monopoly, so If you want a phone and be a social human, this is it, and Verizon doesn't care. they add a new charge or tax every month My bill is the same each and every month, unless I make a change to the account

and there's nothing I can do but cancel my service.

I DID find an email option at the Verizon Residential site that includes questions for wireless. They will probably take this away soon too so hurry up and use it if you think it will do you any good.

Good luck.

0 Likes
rojodiosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

sorry, you were right. the TOTAL for all three phones was $45 to reconnect, I still think it's too much.

and I'm surprised no one is trying to sell you anything when you call because EVERY time I have spoken to anyone they ask me if I want to hear about a more expensive plan or service or something, even today when I clearly wanted to remove services and save money...and You can't argue that they're not charging exorbitantly for the phones & upgrades considering they're manufactured by child labor in Korea. No one NEEDS a drawer full of old phones and constant "upgrades", yet every time I go near Verizon they're pushing me to "upgrade" and BUY MORE, cuz they're not overcharging enough already.

My original complaint still stands: What If I want to communicate online like everyone else? You can easily add services, buy more stuff, and upgrade your phone online but you cannot contact anyone about your service, remove services or apps or make a complaint. I removed my insurance online but there it is on my bill again! I'm sure if I wanted to ADD something there would be no problem there...

...and the fact that the plan I signed up for was $100 a month and yet I am now paying $151. $51 in fees & tax on top of $100 service? THAT is outrageous. I know those fees and taxes have gone up incrementally since I signed up, charges I didn't notice were increasing until they now make up 1/3 of my total bill. I would like someone to explain that but I can't contact anyone who can.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Personally, I only get "pushed to upgrade" once every 2 years when my contract ends. Currently, I have a phone on my account which has been month to month since February when the contract expired and I have not been "pushed to upgrade" for that line since February, 9 months ago. Not really sure what you are doing differently.

As to your fees, I just checked my most recent bill and out of a total $242.40, I have $27.80 in taxes and fees. I also live in one of the most taxed states around and that is only 11% of the bill. Once again, not sure what you are doing differently.

I think you have to call *611 to get your insurance cancelled, however I am able to remove services online thru my MyVerizon account. I have increased my data allowance, decreased my data allowance, blocked premium texts, changed my minute allowance up and down(before switching to Share Everything), etc... ALL of these I have done online in my MyVerizon account. The capability is there. Good luck.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

rojodiosa wrote:

I'm not sure why Verizon took away the email option - as a customer like yourself, sometimes an email IS the most efficient and practical way for me to contact someone else.  I suppose Verizon feels it's "moving forward" by using available social networking channels to communicate, and they are.  Twitter, Facebook, this community forum... all are ways to communicate, and work well for some people.  Not everyone is there yet though, and why they removed email as an option, I don't know.  I build websites, for individuals and for corporations - most, if not all, want their email (or at least a form that goes to their email, whether the email is published or not) as a contact point.

Anyway, the 800 number will get you talking to real person, and yes, they have tried to upsell me, but I politely and firmly say NO, just "cancel (fill in the blank) service", thank you. It works.

Ronnie-F
Enthusiast - Level 2

Contacting Customer Service is now a true hassle.

I have been over charged on my bill where the payment was processed one day later than was actually performed resulting in a fee. Normally I would be able to email in 30 seconds and a representative would verify the payment date and adjust the  account. Not now. I need to call, navigate the system to find someone in billing that is available and able to assist. Then review the whole issue to eventually come the same result that my 30 second email would fix.

So here is my contact information and account number.

Verizon, Please review my October payment that was processed on the 7th where I performed the transaction on the 6th (on time). Please adjust my account for the $5 fee that has followed my account for the past two months since I have/ will not pay this fee.

I have attempted to respond to your text messages (that I pay per message) as well as sent emails that have been ignored by your service personnel.

Best regards,

Ron

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Ronnie-F
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon Agent

Will my account be reviewed or will this message be ignored as well.

Thank you

Ron

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Your message has not been sent to a Verizon agent, but to a public forum for other Verizon customers. If you would like to have your account reviewed, you should contact CS.

Customer Service

(800) 922-0204

or dial *611 from your mobile phone
View the *611 On-Screen App for Android Video
6:00am - 11:00pm Monday-Sunday
Emergency Service Hours
11:00pm - 6am Monday-Sunday