Blackberry browser problems...please HELP!!!
skervin
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hello.  I recently purchased a Blackberry Curve 8330 from Verizon.  So far, I have loved the phone and capabilities of it.  But when I try to go so some websites, I either cannot get the site up or it doesn't display right (overlaps images and such).  I am a nursing student and depend on my Blackberry to stay in touch with Blackboard (the site that all of my classmates and teachers communicate through).  But everytime I try to go to that site and my school email site, it doesn't let me open the emails and it doesn't display my Blackboard information.  I don't know if it is a problem with my browser settings or if there is some kind of update I need to do.  I would really appreciate any information that anyone can give me.  Thanks so much :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blackberry browser problems...please HELP!!!
skervin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, I downloaded Opera mini browser.  So will it automatically take effect or do I need to do something to get it to load or anything?  And thanks ya'll for all your help.  I really appreciate it :smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Protege
Contributor - Level 1

It very well could be a browser setting.  Try opening up your browser, hitting your blackberry button, select options then go to General Properties.  Try enabling/disabling "Full screen view."  If that doesn't work, try to enable java script in the browser configuration (might not be a java problem, if you enable java script and it doesn't fix it, then disable it when you are done checking). 

If you want your school e-mail on your blackberry you may be able to set it up on your device.  If you need some type of pop3/imap address ask your schools IT department for that information.  

Also, when you are on that web page, hit your blackberry button and select "Column View" or "Page View" to see if that resolves the situation.

Good luck :smileywink:

0 Likes
skervin
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks for the help.  Unfortunately, my browser still doesn't display the pages I need.  When I try to go to Blackboard, it doesn't display anything after I log in.  Sometime it will display my email, but I'm not able to open the messages I get.  Any other ideas?  Thanks though for your time, Protege :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Blackboard may not support the Blackberry's browser.  Try Opera Mini and see if you can view Blackboard.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Try opera or Bolt, both work well. Some sites are just not WAP friendly. 
0 Likes
skervin
Enthusiast - Level 2
Okay...I am technologically **bleep** :smileyhappy: So what is Opera and Bolt and WPA or whatever?? Sorry I'm being so difficult :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Opera is a company who produces browsers for desktop, mobile devices such as PDAs, and a mini browser for use on devices such as a Blackberry.  I have used Opera's mini browser on my Pearl and it worked very well.  If you are interested in any other such browsers, do a search for mini browsers and you should find a few.  Good luck.

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
We'd give you a link, but the zealous mods would just delete it.  If you still can't find it, pm one of us for more info.
0 Likes
skervin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, I downloaded Opera mini browser.  So will it automatically take effect or do I need to do something to get it to load or anything?  And thanks ya'll for all your help.  I really appreciate it :smileyhappy:

0 Likes