Blackberry Curve 8530 won't let me set up my email
gilliesam

When I go to the Setup file, thre is no icon for my email set up.  When I go to the setup wizard for my email, it doesn't give me the option for my personal email - only for a corporate account.  Help! I want my email on my phone!

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve 8530 won't let me set up my email
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

First, try to remove the battery and keep it out for at least 30 seconds.  Then put it back in and allow your device to restart.  See if that works.  If not, lets try something else.  We will now resend your service books.  Normally, you do this under Email Settings, but obviously, you can not do that route.  So, you need to resend your host routing table.  On your device, go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table.  Now, press the Menu key(button to the left of the trackpad) and select Register Now.  It will take a moment, but your device will be re-registered with the Blackberry Internet Service and you should recieve your service books, which will give you the option for Email Settings.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve 8530 won't let me set up my email
smasloan

I am having the same problem. I've registered my gmail online with mobile.blackberry.com and it shows up there. But I cannot set up email on my Backberry Curve 9330. Under the setup icon it only gives the option for corporate email and says no personal emails have been activated. There is no email icons in my menu otherwise. I've searched email setup on the blackberry and it shows up, but nothing happens when I click it (it won't open).

I've taken out the battery, doesn't do anything. I've gone through options and Host Routing Table and Clicked Register Now, received messages that say the device is now registered, but nothing else changes.

What do I do???

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes