Blackberry Curve 8330 - Rebooting
mstilz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday my blackberry started rebooting on it's on and will not stop.  I have removed the battery.  This is my 6th or 7th blackberry replacement and this one is still under warranty.  I just hate that I am probably going to lose my information.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blackberry Curve 8330 - Rebooting
mstilz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took the memory card out and it is now working. :smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bubbagirl

I am having the same problem so I had my mom take my phone to our local office to see if I had a virus on the phone and the helpful clerk at the desk said that I was probably just turning my phone off and it was re-booting.  I guess after having a blackberry for 2 years I can not tell when I turn my phone off or it just gets stuck in never never land.  Good luck :smileymad:

0 Likes
mstilz
Enthusiast - Level 2

It will not even allow me to use the phone. I took it to a verizon store today and they told me to file a claim with the insurance.  I i infomed them that I hadn't had the phone for more than a year and it should be covered by a warranty.  This was like my 5th or 6th blackberry.  They infomed me that it was not from the time I got this new one.  I think they are wrong, so I am going to call Verizon Wireless.

I tried to file a claim with the insurance and they wouldn't accept it because I had not had the phone over a year. 

Just a little frustrated - haven't had a phone in two days.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

What's your free memory? Any recent apps that may be causing the problem? What OS are you running?

0 Likes
mstilz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took the memory card out and it is now working. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

You could copy everything from your SD card to your PC, format your SD card, put it back into your BB, format it again and copy the contents of each file folder from the PC back into the correct file folder on the BB. I've had to do this in the past. It might be just some corrupt file structure from your SD card. If your SD card is physically damaged you might have to buy another one. Good luck.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Glad to hear it's working again!

0 Likes