Blackberry Curve 8330 Not Charging
Kelsey8701

Hello:

When I try to charge my Blackberry Curve 8330, no matter which charger I use, it is not recognized.  The port for the actual phone feels very loose.  Sometimes if I hold it in to the port I can get it to charge but I can't sit here and hold it all day long.  Right now, it is completely dead and will not recognized my chargers at all.  Does anybody know how I could maybe tighten up the port, or has anybody else had this problem in the past?  Thank you!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Curve 8330 Not Charging
erica831

Hi, 

Yeah, I had the same exact problem with mine. The port is very loose and it looks like a few of the gold pins are bent inside. If i press really hard on the charger it charges sometimes, but I can not hold it all day so my phone can function how its supposed to. This started three months ago, thinking it was the charger, I bought a new one. I don't know if I can get a new phone for this as an exchange or if it is too late. 

please help. 

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Kelsey8701 wrote:

Hello:

When I try to charge my Blackberry Curve 8330, no matter which charger I use, it is not recognized.  The port for the actual phone feels very loose.  Sometimes if I hold it in to the port I can get it to charge but I can't sit here and hold it all day long.  Right now, it is completely dead and will not recognized my chargers at all.  Does anybody know how I could maybe tighten up the port, or has anybody else had this problem in the past?  Thank you!!

Kelsey,

I don't know how old your Curve is, if it is more than 30 days and past the return point.  One thing you could do if the little charging port is not working is to buy a charging pod or dock.  The phone would be placed in the charging pod and would probably be able to charge that way.

Doc

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Like Doc said, a cradle is a good way to go, I have one for my Storm and I love it b/c the phone sits upright on my bed stand and I can check things as they come in if i want.  I'm also glad to hear I'm not the only one with a loose charging port.....I try to be very careful when inserting and removing any charging item so I don't bend pins.....

If I were you and the phone is within the warranty period of 1 year I believe it is, just take it back to the store for an exchange and get yourself a new one.  I don't think they could blame negligence on you for a bad charging port......I have a friend who returned a Storm b/c it would not charge and they gladly exchanged it for him.  Let us know how it goes.

Also, before you go exchange, backup your phone!!  Pls pls pls back it up.  BBM contacts specifically and your phone in case something happens in the store and they loose your stuff....it's been known to happen on occasion.

0 Likes