BlackBerry Curve 8330 Browser not loading
ambywis032

I just had my BlackBerry Curve 8330 for about a year.  Within the last week, the Browser has not been able to render mobile web pages properly-or at all. I will try to load a mobile website (i.e.. Facebook, ESPN, Wikipedia, Reuters, etc.), it will start requesting/loading the page, then about halfway thru, the status bar will change from 'Requesting...' to 'BlackBerry' & a message pops up that says the following: 'A problem occurred while trying to render the page'.  Once I hit OK, it just stands still & doesn't do anything.  I can still get my email & update my Facebook status. Any suggestions??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BlackBerry Curve 8330 Browser not loading
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

ambywis032 wrote:

I just had my BlackBerry Curve 8330 for about a year.  Within the last week, the Browser has not been able to render mobile web pages properly-or at all. I will try to load a mobile website (i.e.. Facebook, ESPN, Wikipedia, Reuters, etc.), it will start requesting/loading the page, then about halfway thru, the status bar will change from 'Requesting...' to 'BlackBerry' & a message pops up that says the following: 'A problem occurred while trying to render the page'.  Once I hit OK, it just stands still & doesn't do anything.  I can still get my email & update my Facebook status. Any suggestions??

Hi,

There can be several factors causing your problem with your browser.  If you are getting email and you are able to update your Facebook status from that app, then you more than likely have a 1XEV signal.  I know your problem will occur if you have less than that signal, such as 1xev or less.  Let's check the obvious things.  Look at your browser configuration.  Open the BB browser and press the Menu key.  Press Options and Browser Configuration.  Make sure you have Show Images set to On WML & HTML Pages and Emulation Mode is set to Blackberry.  Press the Menu key and Save if prompted.  Now select General Properties and see if Image Quality is set to at least Medium.  You can even set that to Low.  If you set to high, it will take longer for pictures to process loading.  Press Menu and save if prompted.  Now press Cache Operations and select clear history.  This will clear your browsers cache and might clear things up for you.  Now exit out of that and go to back to your device's main screen.  Now Go to your device's main Options>Advanced Options>Browser Push.  Make sure you have a check mark next to the Enable Push, enable MDS Push, and enable WAP Push.  Under Service load, make sure there is not any entry that has Deny All or Reject next to it.  If you do, change it to Allow all or Auto.  Make sure you save and exit.  Then pull your battery and allow your device to reboot.  Now try your browser and see if it works better.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Curve 8330 Browser not loading
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

ambywis032 wrote:

Hi,

There can be several factors causing your problem with your browser.  If you are getting email and you are able to update your Facebook status from that app, then you more than likely have a 1XEV signal.  I know your problem will occur if you have less than that signal, such as 1xev or less.  Let's check the obvious things.  Look at your browser configuration.  Open the BB browser and press the Menu key.  Press Options and Browser Configuration.  Make sure you have Show Images set to On WML & HTML Pages and Emulation Mode is set to Blackberry.  Press the Menu key and Save if prompted.  Now select General Properties and see if Image Quality is set to at least Medium.  You can even set that to Low.  If you set to high, it will take longer for pictures to process loading.  Press Menu and save if prompted.  Now press Cache Operations and select clear history.  This will clear your browsers cache and might clear things up for you.  Now exit out of that and go to back to your device's main screen.  Now Go to your device's main Options>Advanced Options>Browser Push.  Make sure you have a check mark next to the Enable Push, enable MDS Push, and enable WAP Push.  Under Service load, make sure there is not any entry that has Deny All or Reject next to it.  If you do, change it to Allow all or Auto.  Make sure you save and exit.  Then pull your battery and allow your device to reboot.  Now try your browser and see if it works better.

Doc

0 Likes