why my contacts are not all in alphabetical order?
z-faeiry
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi,

i have been unable to figure out why my contacts are not all in alphabetical order as they

should be. Most are, but there are some that are inserted into a different place in the list,

for no apparent reason!

for example, i have contacts that start with Da's,  then De's, Dg's, Di's, but then instead of

showing my Do's, it first shows some Fl's, then a Gr, then an Is. Then, just one Do, then

another De, then the rest of the Do's. And later on in  the list, it shows one more Fl, this

one followed by  an Ma, then Em, Fa, Fe,  before resuming back to proper order.

Also, when i search by typing Do, or anything else that is out of sequence i suppose, like

Dr which begins all my doctors' names, none of them show up at all! Instead,   what

appears is only  the first listing of  the first letter (ie, the first of the Da's).

i have the samsung intensity 2 phone.

i'd really like to put them in proper alphabetical sequence somehow!

if anyone can help i'd be so grateful!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why my contacts are not all in alphabetical order?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that we find out what is causing your contacts to be out of order. I would like to clarify some information to see if we can find the cause. First, has your contacts always been out of order as is being experienced or did this happen after a specific event such as an update, installation of a new application or a restoration after a factory reset?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
z-faeiry
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have not done anything  you mentioned to affect it,

though i did take it into a Verizon store to have them transfer my contacts from my iPhone 5,

using their machine, of which most did not successfully transfer.

They retried it a few times then gave up.

I still would like to make them go back into alphabetical order!

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying. Are you certain you've not had a chance to toy with the "sort" settings? This includes the recent and favorite categories. 

TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

z-faeiry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I know it's possible to sort the messages, and favorites (though for that it may require data enabled on phone(?) and i don't have data enabled)--

but i can't find any way to sort all my contacts.

Can you specify the steps to getting there?

(& if you find that it's not possible, is there an alternative way i can do it via my online verizon account from my computer?)

0 Likes