trouble receiving texts
goobsspot

My husband has a dinosaur of a flip phone (razor boulder) on our plan that sometimes doesn't get texts from smart phones (usually I phones). He can see the first line of text in the in-box but when opened it only says Page.  Since new OS's have been downloaded to the I phones it now only says Object. Is he being phased out and is it time he gets a new phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: trouble receiving texts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably. There are LTE basic phones now that you could consider so that line is ready when Verizon Wireless shuts down the CDMA network in a few years.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Goobsspot, I understand how important it is to be able to message your husband. When sending him a message are you sending it with an Emoji or special icons? Some basic devices do not support these type of characters. Does he have any issues with sending you a text message?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MrTom0000
Enthusiast - Level 3

My husband has a dinosaur of a flip phone (razor boulder) on our plan that sometimes doesn't get texts from smart phones (usually I phones).

Join the club. There seem to be plenty of peed off people here who keep getting garbled texts. Verizon Wireless has been well aware of this for over a month now, and no one seems to be doing anything about it. Someone changed something in the underlying network and failed to tell everyone else about it. I believe it's a bug in the network. But no one cares since it's only affecting aged phones and they'd prefer you spend more money on new hardware to keep the economy going.

0 Likes