Re: "Software Update Notification" every night on my samsung convoy 2
gonesail

i am also getting a nightly update on my 2 convoys for a week .. every morning the batteries are dead!! i don't know how to unblock data services using my verizon. do you need to be account manager to do this? i am not a happy camper either. VERIZON: PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM Smiley Sad

0 Likes
hoddyburch

I work for a business that has 200 of these phones and all are calling me with issues. We have data blocked on all phones to avoid charges for downloads. If I unblock the data from all of these lines will be charges for the software download as data content? There has to be a better way. Can you not block software updates on the samsung like you can on other phones?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and get the update, Most of the time it will help Device Go in good direction as with battery life and performance's with the Tower's)  It's been a long time since i owned just a non smartphone but when i did and the updates came out for them i made sure to do the Update..  Br.

0 Likes
squirrelhunter

I can't find any blocks on my account but I still get the same notification every day.It says there's a download available but it won't download it.What do I do now???

0 Likes
marcjy

call Verizon on another phone, you may have a block somewhere you don't know about.  the Agent will temp remove the block while you're on the phone, then you can download the software.

0 Likes
marcjy

call Verizon from another phone.  they temp remove the blocks, you download the Verizon software update, then they restore the block.  no data charge.

0 Likes
marcjy

call Verizon from another phone.  they temp remove the blocks, you  download the Verizon software update, then they restore the block.  no  data charge.

0 Likes
gonesail

here's what i did: there were no data blocks on my phone. i went to to the software updates section on the phone and checked for updates .. and there was one. i approved the update and the phone then downloaded the software .. powered itself off and then back on and then installed the update. i did this on both phones. i then checked update status and it was all good. apparently this needs to be done manually. hoping this fixed the problem

0 Likes
maglincoln

I would like to know why Verizon has not come on here and state that there will be no data charges for this update. Unless there is and they don't want to say anything... A reply from Verizon about this would be appreciated.

0 Likes
bkelley598

My husbands phone is also getting the software update. It will not update.There is no block on his phone. I have tried  several times to update it manually and download fails. I have called Verizon and they tried to push the software to the phone and still no luck. I hope they get this fixed soon.

0 Likes