motorola w385 master reset
ASDANZIG

I have a verizon motorola w385. i want to reset it, clear the phone completely. there doesn't seem to be that option in any of the menu. When i follow the normal steps, settings, phone settings, security, put in my code, there isn't any option to clear anything. i want to sell the phone, but i can't clear it. Does it have to go back to the Verizon store to clear it completely? Thanks. Alan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: motorola w385 master reset
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reset options are very important on devices. It sounds like you are doing it right ASDANZIG. Going to the store is always a good option. Before you visit them, let's try to make sure of a few things. Please follow the link and see if you can find the "Restore Phone" option: http://spr.ly/6580DGBKC. If you do not, please send us a screenshot.

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reset options are very important on devices. It sounds like you are doing it right ASDANZIG. Going to the store is always a good option. Before you visit them, let's try to make sure of a few things. Please follow the link and see if you can find the "Restore Phone" option: http://spr.ly/6580DGBKC. If you do not, please send us a screenshot.

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GrandpaR

My Verizon Moto W385 does not match the manual nor the instructions at www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-202045/

Verizon Moto W385 Security Screen

0 Likes
GrandpaR

Having trouble posting a screen shot.

2019-09-28 Moto W385 security screen close-up (for reset).jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GrandpaR, we surely want to make sure you have the help that you need. I'm sorry that you're having trouble with doing a master reset to your phone. These would be the steps needed: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-202045/ Can you please tell me what exact step you are not able to get to? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
thejah

After entering the Security Code, I don't see the options to Reset Phone or Erase. I only have

1. Lock Mode or

2. Edit Code

I have someone who wants to buy this as a backup phone, but need to before a hard reset and cannot.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@thejah wrote:

After entering the Security Code, I don't see the options to Reset Phone or Erase. I only have

1. Lock Mode or

2. Edit Code

I have someone who wants to buy this as a backup phone, but need to before a hard reset and cannot.

The W385 phone can't be activated on the Verizon Wireless network anymore.  However wants to purchase it, needs to be looking at 4G LTE basic phones or 4G VoLTE smartphones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes