Re: leaving this company ....
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

Angeld,

I read your story one more time. Fantastic!!! It’s laughable and the same time very dramatic. Especially, when you are saying that: “a phone that made me cry” or “they sent me a lg envy that phone was scary”

When I read this: “cause  verizon has hurt me so badly im wounded”, and this “i cry more than  smile these days  when n i see  verizon stores  commericals” , I began to cry.

This isn’t LOL. I recently “upgraded” my old phone, which was more like a downgrade.

3 phones in 3 weeks – none of them were working correctly. My heart goes with you.

So, I beg you, don’t take Samsung Intensity III, because this phone is more scary than LG envy, it will make you cry and your wounds could be reopen.

And please, stop watching Verizon commercials!

0 Likes
angeld
Enthusiast - Level 1

hello ... this is suppossed to be the  net work with the caring  customer service. i have been really  tired of seeing the can you hear me now  ...  they dont.  and i am on a  fixed income. these  fees were never in place yrs ago, for some one like me that wants  a smart phone to jump thru these hoops is  crazy.   i was  steamed when i saw the 30 dollar basic to smart phone bad enough that vegas  charges the same in state taxes for  a cell phone.  so im out 60 bucks there. i took the  creepy new share plan because i thought i was saving money. and my  bill went  up 30 bucks more to 120.00 a mth. i have a net  book from this  company and the  gig usage is  for it not my phone.   if there was  proof postitive  that  the phone would work the full  two yr contract id be glad to pay for what i get . not what i dont. and this data plan for a smart  phone isnt 30 its 40 wth. sorry. already im paying 30 bucks for a  4 gig plan. shared  btw by  cell and  net  book .  they  charge me  40 it better  be 2 more gigs on my  data than what i have now. if not why pay this  cost.   i know it was a funny  the way  i went on and on. but also sad that im a 13 yr customer who needs to stay in budget . i need  1 a phone that works and 2 one that isnt  going to make me wanna  scream any more.  the  pantech hot shot is the worst,  dont get one, pantech any thing looks  bad.  i am tired of talking to the  customer service and  the excutive office reps .  no one wants a 13 yr customer to stay then  fine. as  far as the  commericals  go  yeah can  you hear us now the consumer is  entitled to a working  product .   atleast apple  fixed the  bugs in the i phones verizon gives  re furbished ones or  pre owned and calls it  fixed  ha. that was the  lg  envy  btw and the  pantech hot shot  neither are  casio replacements  just  verizon being cheap...  YEAH VERIZON CAN YOU HEAR US NOW YOU ARE CHEAP AND COLD AND REALLY SHAMEFUL.  

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

So you are mad at Verizon for you not holding out and saving money to buy an iPhone? You decided to take the cheap deal at the time and it isn't working out like you expected to do with a device Verizon didn't manufacturer or develop. You want Verizon to fit the bill for another manufacturer coming out with a substandard product? You want Verizon to give you special treatment because you are on a income? No carrier will do what you want.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The LG Enlighten is currently free with a 2-Year contract so you can get the phone itself for $0.00 if you are currently eligible to upgrade.  There of course will be the $30.00 upgrade fee and the State of Nevada requires Verizon Wireless to calculate sales tax on the full retail price of the devices (I believe) which is $329.99 for the LG Enlighten.  Since I am not a Nevada resident and I am unfamiliar with your sales tax rates I am going to use a estimate of 10% sales tax towards the full retail price of the LG Enlighten making the tax approximately $33.00.  There is nothing Verizon Wireless can do about that sales tax they are required to collect as mandated by your state of residence so you would need to be contacting other channels for your issue with this state policy.  If you currently have a Share Everything plan, having a smartphone on your line instead of a basic phone is only going to be $10.00 more a month.  All these things being true, you could upgrade to the LG Enlighten for $63.00 and only pay $10.00 more a month.  You may even have the option to bill the purchase to your account if you don't have the money right now and you can always provide your payment using a credit card.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

Angels this is what you do. First I'm sorry you are disabled but we are all on fixed incomes. We all fixin to pay this or fixin to pay that. Why do you need a smartphone and a netbook?if you are worried about fixin to pay your bills, there are government programs out there that can get you a free phone with a free plan of minutes and texts FOR FREE provided you meet requirements. That's the honest to goodness route you should take. Vzw will not give a free iPhone and even the free phones have the 30 upgrade fee and nevada taxes, which both you must pay. Those are the breaks, hon. Gotta pay to play.

0 Likes
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

...Why are you on the most expensive carrier if you're on a fixed income?

budone
Legend

I dont think they will miss ya with those extravagant demands. Honestly, I would take AdamE's offer and see what he can do. If not, you only have yourself to blame,. 

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

(deleted content per VZW ToS..please keep your post family friendly), your free minutes and your free texting. There is no such thing like a free phone and free service. Someone has to pay for this. Taxpayers. How nice!

I can not afford a plan with texting, so I took a plan with talk minutes only. But I have to pay for somebody else freebees. It’s that right?

Message was edited by: Verizon  Moderator (M)

angeld
Enthusiast - Level 1

well you said t  couldnt be done it was  done, after talking to  people above  customer  service  all i was  stuck with  i got what i wanted a  free  phone ... 

i now have the  galaxy stellar  and it is wondeful with as said  free no extra  charges the  49.07  equiptment  fee was  dropped  as well as the  contract  fee to  change from  basic to smart and  no one mth in  advance  for the  new data.   that was  over  102.00  off my  bill....    when i  got  done  all i paid was my  basic  gig plan for my  net  book and my  cell plan...  and that  was   what i expected ....  my  net book i will be  leaving  here  for other  services and the shared  plan will be a  basic  data in april 2013 ......

so  i did get what i wanted a  free phone...  it can be  done... 

0 Likes