0 Likes
Re: caller can't hear me, but i can hear them
DeborahW

So where is my solution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BeborahW, we want to help make sure that you can get this all in order for your calls. Do you or the other caller have Bluetooth enabled while on a call? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
DeborahW

No bluetooth.  Just holding the phone to my ear.

0 Likes
DeborahW

I have already authenticated my account, and I am not going to do it again. 

It's a network problem.  Look into your service.

0 Likes
angela22ro

We are having this exact issue right now! We have been with Verizon for years and never had any issues. When someone calls, I can hear them but they cannot hear me. I thought it was my phone but it is all 3 of our phones. My husband works from home and unfortunately has to work today (4th of July) but he NEEDS his phone for work!!! They better give us some sort of credit or I am switching service providers. I hope your issue was resolved!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we would want is for you to have to switch providers, angela22ro. Ensuring that your callers can hear you is a must for sure. We can take a look into this for you. Where are you located (City, State)? When did this start happening?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
mrkelly52979
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been happening for maybe 2 years for me. Most of the time, call starts fine. Doesn't matter if incoming or outgoing, or where I am geographically. Doesn't matter if Bluetooth or Wifi are on. I usually have great reception all over Minnesota. Reside at 55337.

After 5-10 minutes, they can't here me at all, but I can hear them just fine. It fixes itself after maybe 30-60 seconds. I have to tell everyone I talk too that this happens and to just wait when it does. I run my business from my phone, extremely unprofessional. When it's clear this is happening, I say "Can you hear me" over and over until they say yes. Then I can continue normal. I also get complaints that when they can hear me it cuts out and muffled. I had a Samsung S6 and just put up with it for a long time. I got an S7 maybe 8-10 months ago and the problem is exactly the same, no change.

Wife has a different phone on the same plan. She does not have this issue, but does have cutting in and out if she is connected to Wifi during a call. She replaced her phone as well and same issue. I do not have this issue with my phone. Just noting that she does not have the issue that I am inquiring about that I do.

I will give Verizon 2 months to fix this. If they cannot, I have no choice but to switch providers. Have been a customer since the late 90's.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrkelly52979, 

We value you as a long time customer, and we don't want to see you leave Verizon! Please reply to our Direct Message, so we can assist with troubleshooting your specific service concerns. 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Cllight

4 phones! This has happened on 4 different phones and all after an update. Unable to get the problem fixed. Calling in for tech support is useless. Etalk phones are a terrible waste of $.

0 Likes