Re: Will there be a 4G Basic phone with QWERTY keyboard?
JayemGee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree completely with the desirable features listed in your post, and find the responses really discouraging. If only all those 2G and 3G devices could somehow be updated (keeping the expensive keypads intact) instead of going in to landfills. This is a perfect example of short-sighted product and systems design. Verizon has a lot of influence, and ought to do better by our environment.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

JayemGee wrote:

I agree completely with the desirable features listed in your post, and find the responses really discouraging. If only all those 2G and 3G devices could somehow be updated (keeping the expensive keypads intact) instead of going in to landfills. This is a perfect example of short-sighted product and systems design. Verizon has a lot of influence, and ought to do better by our environment.

It is similar to when the analog cell phones had to replaced. There are some days that I remember using a StarTac phone and then remember I wouldn't be able to use it on the digital CDMA network either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

It's not short sight the phones at the time were designed with the proper hardware. A tiny % of Verizon customer even have these types of devices.

0 Likes
dmtlie44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hear you loud and clear. I have been looking for a basic flip phone with a qwerty keyboard for a long time. There are more of us out there than they want to acknowledge.

dmtlie44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have been looking for a basic flip phone with the qwerty keyboard. I heard you could still get some from China or Korea. I think the Kyocera was one name. Very frustrating

boringusername
Master - Level 1

dmtlie44 wrote:

I hear you loud and clear. I have been looking for a basic flip phone with a qwerty keyboard for a long time. There are more of us out there than they want to acknowledge.

Not any that will work on Verizon but by all means waste your money.

0 Likes
DENPET75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a QWERKTY slide keyboard phone that I have had for almost 8 years and it's been wonderful and I am having a difficult time trying to find another phone with a slider keyboard.

Not everyone wants a glass screen phone that easily cracks and the battery gets hot and besides the Samsung Galaxy 9 that I now have is entirely to big.

It would be nice if Samsung could be a bit more inclusive with their phones considering that seniors and baby boomers use them.

I would love to see them make another Panteuh phone with a slider keyboard - but I will keep looking until I find something I prefer or maybe not use a cell phone at all.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DENPET75, I understand your concern when it comes to using a device that works well for you. I am here to assist. While we may not currently have a device with a Qwerty slide keyboard I would recommend continuing to visit our device page as we always have new devices available. I have included a link. I hope this helps. https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/

JustinB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

DENPET75 wrote:

I have a QWERKTY slide keyboard phone that I have had for almost 8 years and it's been wonderful and I am having a difficult time trying to find another phone with a slider keyboard.

Not everyone wants a glass screen phone that easily cracks and the battery gets hot and besides the Samsung Galaxy 9 that I now have is entirely to big.

It would be nice if Samsung could be a bit more inclusive with their phones considering that seniors and baby boomers use them.

I would love to see them make another Panteuh phone with a slider keyboard - but I will keep looking until I find something I prefer or maybe not use a cell phone at all.

Phone manufactures are going to spend the time and money making phones that will sell in large amounts. That's just how for profit businesses work. I've ben using smartphones for over 8 years and never once had a cracked screen. There are phones smaller than the S9. I doubt you'll find another slider basic or smartphone. Just something that would add to the cost of a device. not to mention just another thing that could potentially break down.

0 Likes
dmtlie44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would be willing to pay more to get a basic flip with a qwerty keyboard.