Why won't my Samsung intensity II not recognize a memory card?
adagioinb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just purchased a Samsung Intensity II the other day. I purchased a memory card at the same time (16g, I think).

The card was put in the phone in the store by the sales clerk.

Once home, I 'formatted' the card. I hooked the phone up to my computer, and it the computer recognized the card, and thought it was dropping ringtones and pics onto it.

When I disconnect from the pc, and try to view and manage the files between the memory card and the phone, the phone insists no card is installed.

I've removed and reinstalled numerous times. The phone still won't recognize the card.

Here's what else is weird: when I INSTALL the card, it tells me the card has been removed. If I actually remove the card nothing happens.

I put the micro SD card into the adapter and plugged it directly into the computer sd-card slot. It reads it and I can add/remove files from it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why won't my Samsung intensity II not recognize a memory card?
adagioinb
Enthusiast - Level 1

since there's no 'edit' function in the forum, I'll just use reply to add the following:

I found some more micro-sd cards in my home, one of them was used on my previous Samsung Intensity II, complete with some ringtones.

So I put it into the phone, and it will not recognize it at all.

Still doesn't think there's a card installed.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi adagioinb,

This memory card issue is very strange! I understand that this a fairly new phone; however, I'd like to recommend doing a factory reset to clear any potential system errors. Please follow instructions at this link http://goo.gl/QSnVl to perform hard reset, and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Try this: First, save everything from your SD card to your computer. Then insert the media card in the phone, and go to Settings & Tools > Memory > Card Memory. Choose Format Card. This will erase everything saved on the card, which is why you should first save that elsewhere. Once formatted, you should be able to move your media back on it and use it as normal.

0 Likes