Why won't my Intensity 2 download picture messages?
obxrach

My friend sent me a picture and my phone wouldn't download it. Then I tried sending myself a picture with my email and it worked. But, I still can't get pictures from other people. Help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why won't my Intensity 2 download picture messages?
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

obxrach, I'm sorry your having issues with receiving pictures. I know this can be frustrating because most individuals with picture messaging send and receive pictures as much as text and phone calls. Pictures you receive may be do large download. You may also need to clear your memory. I have listed information below about file sizes and steps to clear your memory. Also try removing the battery for 1-2 minutes and dialing *228, option #2 to update your phone to the tower. 

The maximum file size for picture / video messages varies from device to device.

• Devices that are 1X capable only can send / receive a maximum file size of 350 KB.

• Devices that are Rev 0 EVDO can send / receive a maximum file size of 500 KB.

• Devices that are Rev A EVDO or LTE can send / receive a maximum file size of 1200 KB.
    Lowering the camera resolution will reduce the image file size.

The maximum file size that can be sent from an email to a device is 3 MB. When any message over 350 KB is sent to the device, the file is reduced in size to be under 350 KB prior to delivery. If a device sends a 500 KB file to a device with a lower file size limit the file will be reduced to a file size acceptable by the receiving device.

Many devices are capable of sending messages that exceed intercarrier file size limits (typically 300 - 600 KB). A message that exceeds the other carrier's limits will be rejected and not reach the intended recipient. 

Steps to clear memory:

The memory capacity of this device is 105MB (built-in, flash shared memory).

1. From the main screen, press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose Menu.

2. Select Settings & Tools then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.

3. Select Memory then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.

4. Select Phone Memory then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.

5. Select Phone Memory Usage then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.
    Note If the phone memory is full, unused items may be removed from the phone:

• Media Center applications

• Pictures

• Sounds

0 Likes